For full mesh avatars only:

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would keep the body, more importantly the feet.  I am barefoot in sl 99%  of the time and when mesh feet got rid of the horrible classic feet I was overjoyed. A bento head is only a recent addition and prior to getting a mesh head many people asked me "what mesh head is that?"  and were surprised when I told them it wasn't so I must have looked ok

I have a saved no mesh anything body for testing animation uploads and I really hate having to drag her out of my invent.  So happy when that part of testing is over and I can get meshed up again.  It took me a long time to have more than just feet and hands in mesh but now that I have made the full change I am hooked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I would keep the body, more importantly the feet.  I am barefoot in sl 99%  of the time and when mesh feet got rid of the horrible classic feet I was overjoyed. A bento head is only a recent addition and prior to getting a mesh head many people asked me "what mesh head is that?"  and were surprised when I told them it wasn't so I must have looked ok

I have a saved no mesh anything body for testing animation uploads and I really hate having to drag her out of my invent.  So happy when that part of testing is over and I can get meshed up again.  It took me a long time to have more than just feet and hands in mesh but now that I have made the full change I am hooked.

Yes, the feet is the worst... I think I would wear more clothes, if I had to give up a body.

I am wearing only shorts and a top in SL these days.

• Like 2

I would also keep the body. In fact I used to have only mesh body and non mesh head for quite some time and it worked pretty well, maybe because of a nice shape and a good skin (at least for me). But when I tried my first Lelutka head, I was lost to non mesh world, forever. 

That is how I looked like :)

IMG_0231.JPG

I am keeping the body, I went a long time with just a mesh body, and it was with great hesitation that I finally gave up the head that I had come to think of as "me" in SL. A few weeks ago I dug out my old system avi, and when I looked at it, my first reaction was that she was fat. I have no desire now to go back to that, even though I do have friends who complain that I am to skinny now. Being skinny is my fantasy.

• Like 2

I am not surprised that y'all would keep the body. It is just so niiiice to have a face with "life".

I was shopping new skin almost every week in SL when I had a default head. I could not really understand this "identity" and "my face" thing. My avatar was my canvas. But now, after I got the LeLutka head, it is my face.

If I chance the question a bit, and allow mesh feet, would that matter for you? Mesh head, mesh feet, but not the other parts of the body?

• Like 1

Even with the modified question, I'd still go for the mesh body and would rather ditch the mesh head. 

Actually, the choice might be influenced by the aspect of clothing ... I was never a fan of the rather limiting standard sizes and happily embraced the fitmesh possibilities that kicked in with mesh bodies. 

• Like 1

I would give up the head, basically because the body can only be customized so much imo , whereas the head (face particularly) can also be customized beyond just the shape. I mean a body is just chest and nipples otherwise and maybe a six pack for added detail but not a lot otherwise. With a mesh body I can expand on the details that the system AV body misses too. and no more flintstone feet... ever! lol

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 6:03 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

I would keep the body, more importantly the feet.  I am barefoot in sl 99%  of the time and when mesh feet got rid of the horrible classic feet I was overjoyed

I am in 110% agreement with this. Those system feet. OMG. 

For a decade in SL I have been barefoot and only worn shoes when forced. Although I like animated lips and face, the mesh head is also something I can live without. 

The hard decision, and one that is tearing at me right now as I try new androgynous bodies, is I have one possible body with fixed hands and beautiful feet, one with Bento hands and ugly stumpy toes and one with Bento hands and ... something that looks like it got caught in Grandma's mangle for feet.

• Like 2

Haha, so I was trying to take off the mesh body and go without it. Oh, lord. Even parts like elbows, look awful. I didn't remember them so bad?

But I still fancy the head. I mean, of course the default head can be made beautiful. Just don't look at the profile, and forget any good animations.

• Like 1

On August 4, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Gadget Portal said:

As a dude, I could do without either one. Everyone says you gotta have a mesh body these days, but the options for men are terrible.

I get that totally, other than the ugly feet, I don't see men getting much advantage from mesh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I get that totally, other than the ugly feet, I don't see men getting much advantage from mesh.

I agree.  I am still having issues teaching the other half how to wear mesh clothes. ^_^ I am not sure I amstrong enough to ride the storm of getting him used a mesh body.  I will just keep avoiding looking at his feet. 

• Like 1

That Belleza Jake body for men, oh my. That is a sexy body, I say better than Signature Gianni, much better. And easy to use.

If you got one of your men in that body.... they could not take it off. Unless their eyes are really old and weak so they can't see details.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

That Belleza Jake body for men, oh my. That is a sexy body, I say better than Signature Gianni, much better. And easy to use.

If you got one of your men in that body.... they could not take it off. Unless their eyes are really old and weak so they can't see details.

For me, any no modify body is junk, right out the gate.

I can't wrap my head around wearing something that I can't edit unless I wear a HUD, only to be able to edit it less than I could with the system options.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.