Jump to content
empressAzy

Couples, What ya Doing Now that Feed is broken?

Recommended Posts

The same thing we did while feed was "working."

I don't understand how profile feed would have an impact on my relationship with Clover.  How have you been using it?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

The same thing we did while feed was "working."

I don't understand how profile feed would have an impact on my relationship with Clover.  How have you been using it?

Consider me confused too....most people don't even know the "feeds" exist...and I don't know a single couple that actually uses them..for much of anything other than perhaps an occasional picture share (not to say they don't exist..I just don't know them, lol).

The only people on my, rather large, friends list that use the feeds are folks that share pics now and then, even then it's pretty rare. 

I still am failing at trying to find correlation between couples being able to do stuff...and the feeds not working.....I might be too dense for this discussion lmao. When we want to "do something"...we just do it. 

But, if you want to know what we're doing...it's the same thing we do every night pinky...try to take over the world

...and probably watching friends from college later, cuz that show's hilarious. :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The profile feed does not have any impact on anyones relationship or relationships.  Myself, my partner and quite a few other couples on my friends list  post to our profile feed on the regular so i was actually seeking funny entertaining images from those who mainly post on feed or from anyone for that matter.  I really did not think it was that deep, especially when one is a regular feeder, that was all.  was not trying to be nosey or in anyones business. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, was confused by the thread title.

17 minutes ago, empressAzy said:

i was actually seeking funny entertaining images from those who mainly post on feed or from anyone for that matter.

The fact that you phrased the title as "[group of people] what are you doing now that [event has happened]?" suggests that said event has had an impact on what the group of people were doing prior to the event happening. If you just wanted to see funny and entertaining images from people who mainly used to post on the SL feeds, then perhaps if you'd phrased it more like "Since the feeds are broken, here's a thread for feed users to post their funny images" (or similar) that might have avoided the confusion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't nosy at all.  I was just wondering if I was missing some game.

I guess I hang with a different crowd and follow flickr pages.  I was hoping there was some naughty scavenger hunt going on in feeds or something like that :)
Maybe we could start one ...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I really was wondering wth people were using the feeds for, as couples, that they now, can't do...see,  too dense for that discussion, lol.

Since I've only ever seen the feeds used for picture sharing or random posts (and it hasn't been reliable on that front in a very long time, even when functional, lol..it's had issues in the past with photos never actually getting posted...pretty sure there were threads about it ages ago).

I tend to prefer flickr too, loads more to look at there :D Plus it's a lot easier to follow folks, or groups and stuff, on flickr

So, if sharing pics in the feed(s) is a pastime for you and your partner, I recommend sending them to flickr, then you can link right to it in your profiles too, which is nice. I've found a lot of cool groups and photographers(even if they don't think they are) that way. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I've been thinking about this, wondering what, if anything, I could add. I've posted a few small things in the feeds of a very small number of people. But I've never really analyzed the significance of the feeds or what role they might play in the overall scheme of communication between residents.

   I've just gone through the profiles, and their feeds, of a small number of my friends. As with the "about" section, and the picks section, of someone's profile, the feed, if there is anything relevant posted there, can give you more information about that individual, giving you snapshots of how they interact with other people, what they like, how they treat other people and how other people treat them. All this information together can help the wandering Profile Perver decide whether they want to stop and say "Hello fellow resident! :)"  or to move on. In this way, I believe the feeds have value.

   In addition, this thread proves that the feeds mean different things to, and are used in different ways by, the variety of residents. As such, I don't feel they should be done away with out of hand. As with all things in SL, whatever you enjoy, immerse yourself into and make it yours, whatever you don't like, ignore.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

The same thing we did while feed was "working."

I don't understand how profile feed would have an impact on my relationship with Clover.  How have you been using it?

That is because you see each other regularly online. Some couples get in a situation where their RLs do not allow them to be on at the same times of day, and they keep in touch with each other's SL through the feed. My ex and I were doing that, hoping that someday our RLs would allow us to make up again. Now however that connection has been lost, so it makes it seem at least that the hope of getting together again is lost to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

That is because you see each other regularly online. Some couples get in a situation where their RLs do not allow them to be on at the same times of day, and they keep in touch with each other's SL through the feed. My ex and I were doing that, hoping that someday our RLs would allow us to make up again. Now however that connection has been lost, so it makes it seem at least that the hope of getting together again is lost to.

See that kinda makes me sad..ok,not kinda..it does.

Are there other methods you have for at least talking? Perhaps email, or some other method, in the meantime? 

I'm sorry you've lost the only other communication method you had with one another. I can understand how frustrating, probably maddening, and sad, that would be (and I've been in that kind of position before, so that much I understand, communication can be vital in most relationships). 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

See that kinda makes me sad..ok,not kinda..it does.

Are there other methods you have for at least talking? Perhaps email, or some other method, in the meantime? 

I'm sorry you've lost the only other communication method you had with one another. I can understand how frustrating, probably maddening, and sad, that would be (and I've been in that kind of position before, so that much I understand, communication can be vital in most relationships). 

 

We do also leave IMs for each other, though sharing pictures that way requires they be uploaded into SL. We now have an additional problem, my recent schedule changes in my RL job mean that once he goes back to his school year schedule, we still won't have time together online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I avoid the feed, not that I plan on being banned, but a friend was, and all their feed photos were deleted along with everything else. Too dangerous a place to store valuable memories, even if you never plan on being banned yourself anything could happen and they are all gone.

I set up my own website that we both post too. Under my control, well backed up, safe as I can personally make it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banned because of the feed? or banned for something else and the feed was lost? The majority of my pictures actually go to my hard drive, which still can get lost but not because of anything SL might do. The feed I just use to share what I am up to with others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

I avoid the feed, not that I plan on being banned, but a friend was, and all their feed photos were deleted along with everything else. Too dangerous a place to store valuable memories, even if you never plan on being banned yourself anything could happen and they are all gone.

I set up my own website that we both post too. Under my control, well backed up, safe as I can personally make it.

 

That's a good idea, and could be a good way for friends in sl to share too if someone wanted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never used it in all my years on sl ( over 10 years) even when married on sl to someone from another country. We just used skype to chat or send pics if not able to be on sl.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I think about it, I can understand why couples would use the feed if they're not able to be on SL together for a while, and especially if they're not able to be online together at the same time for a while. As Misty mentioned in the post above mine, there are other ways (such as Skype) to communicate if one or other of you can't log into SL, but those only work if you're both online together. The feeds would be a way to keep in touch if you're passing like ships in the night, as it were.

It reminds me of a relationship I had years ago, where - for a period of almost a year - my partner and I were on different shifts. Every third week we simply didn't see each other at all. He'd come home in the small hours of the morning, get into bed, and snuggle up for a couple of hours, then I'd have to get up and leave for work. By the time I got home, he'd left for his own job again. During those times we kept in touch via notes. I'd open the fridge in the morning and find Post-It notes with silly little messages on them ("Oh noes! Need more milk!") stuck to things inside, and we had a series of reporter's notebooks into which we'd write things to each other during the day: everything from the practical to the romantic.

I still have those notebooks somewhere :) So I can see how the feeds would serve a similar purpose.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Monday everyone!  We continue to actively work on the profiles outage and snapshot uploading issues.  You should be seeing some improvements already, but there are several issues and we’re going to be working through them in the coming days. Thank you again for your patience!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And thank you for the info Alexa Linden.

1 hour ago, Alexa Linden said:

Happy Monday everyone!  We continue to actively work on the profiles outage and snapshot uploading issues.  You should be seeing some improvements already, but there are several issues and we’re going to be working through them in the coming days. Thank you again for your patience!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 4:00 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Now that I think about it, I can understand why couples would use the feed if they're not able to be on SL together for a while, and especially if they're not able to be online together at the same time for a while. As Misty mentioned in the post above mine, there are other ways (such as Skype) to communicate if one or other of you can't log into SL, but those only work if you're both online together. The feeds would be a way to keep in touch if you're passing like ships in the night, as it were.

It reminds me of a relationship I had years ago, where - for a period of almost a year - my partner and I were on different shifts. Every third week we simply didn't see each other at all. He'd come home in the small hours of the morning, get into bed, and snuggle up for a couple of hours, then I'd have to get up and leave for work. By the time I got home, he'd left for his own job again. During those times we kept in touch via notes. I'd open the fridge in the morning and find Post-It notes with silly little messages on them ("Oh noes! Need more milk!") stuck to things inside, and we had a series of reporter's notebooks into which we'd write things to each other during the day: everything from the practical to the romantic.

I still have those notebooks somewhere :) So I can see how the feeds would serve a similar purpose.

thank you for sharing Skell, such  romantic story.  i love leaving notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...