Process credit to paypal

Maddy Effingham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am getting this error:

You have exceeded your tier level's daily payout limit.

And yet the last time I processed a credit was 6 months ago.  It's not the first time I do this procedure.  Have done it MANY times as I have been in SL for enough years to know how to process credit.  I looked up the knowledge base and it says maximum is $9,999.00 US$ which I am NOWHERE near that amount.

I tried it like 4 times.  The amount I entered is correct.  I even cut n paste the value.

I am not going to try lower amounts as I don't want to get billed multiple times for processing credit. 

The error keeps reoccurring.  Why?

thank you

5 hours ago, Maddy Effingham said:

What happens for companies who make like $5000 a month?  

Anyone that can show that they consistently need a higher limit -- i.e. they are processing the max for a few months in a row, then LL will raise their limit if they file a ticket.

Additionally, the limits were set based on everyone's activity in the 6 months preceeding the change.  Since you were not drawing out more than $1000 every month during those six months, they assume you don't need a higher limit.

I'm sure they changed the rules intentionally to squeeze as much out of us as possible in fees.

• Like 1

LL recently changed the way they charge fees for processing credit, and imposed a limit of about $1,000 USD to just about everyone.  You can petition LL to raise that limit...I did so, and was told that it would only be raised based on my payout history (of which I have none).  Based on my experience, you will probably have to make several smaller process credit transactions, and pay the damn processing fees, before LL will consider raising your payout limit.

$1000???????   What kind of BS is that?  that's absolutely ridiculous!!  That can't be right!  It must be higher than that.  What happens for companies who make like $5000 a month?  you going to tell me they do 1000 each day and get charged $25 each time??????  I think you have that wrong because I took at the conditions on their website and it say 9999.99 (in essence TEN THOUSAND) not 1000 so not sure where you get your info from

Edited by Maddy Effingham
correction

Hey, I'm just the messenger here, Maddy.  I don't make the rules, and in this case I don't like 'em any more than you do.  LL set the payout limits, and they say that they will adjust them based on your history.  Here's where to go to see your current limits and request a review:  https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits

• Like 1

Here is a cut and paste from the knowledge base BLACK AND WHITE thank you:

Is there a minimum or maximum amount?

The minimum process-credit amount allowed is $10, plus any fees. The maximum amount per transaction is $9,999 minus fees. If necessary, you can process a larger amount over multiple smaller transactions.

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/account-balance-r1/Section_.2.2?lang=en-US

Go see for yourself.

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hey, I'm just the messenger here, Maddy.  I don't make the rules, and in this case I don't like 'em any more than you do.  LL set the payout limits, and they say that they will adjust them based on your history.  Here's where to go to see your current limits and request a review:  https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits

No no sorry not upset at you.  Sorry I guess that came off wrong.  Apologies :).  I'm just frustrated

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I know what it says there, Maddy.  But just because it says the maximum is $9,999 does not mean that it is YOUR maximum.  Mine is currently set to $999. :(

this is so infuriating.  Sigh.  First the fee up to $25 and now a drop in monthly limit.  My costs would go up from like $30 a year to $300.  This is absolutely insane:(

Oh absolutely it's a squeeze tactic or as I call it: a greed tactic.  It is their right to do so naturally, but is it ethical to so something like this?  Obviously with a high limit, people like me who don't make massive amounts would accumulate our funds and transfer it at a more spaced out period, but with this tactic, my expense to Linden labs has increased roughly %500 to %1000, which is a grossly unfair change.  Does Linden labs care about fair or unfair?  Well, I guess if I was in their shoes I would probably respond with "fair has nothing to do with it; it's just business."  But in the end, business is not just about the numbers.  I find that LOYALTY plays a big role, something my customers have always enjoyed from my service because regardless of the situation, I don't "screw them over" by over inflating the prices to the point of a shock adjustment as they have done here. On top of which it was 2 changes.  One is the max limit charge from $15 to $25 and second is the drop from $10000 to $1000.  I suspect that this will only encourage more people to leave SL, unfortunately.

What was that proverb?  The more you tighten your squeeze, the more slip through your fingers.  Stop squeezing us LL.  You're not helping your cause to keep people.

:(:(

We need to keep posting.  Only our voices will can be our tools.  I'm already talking to people around and starring things up.  Legally, I suppose it's their right, but unhappy people are not what they want either.  As I mentioned, it's not in their interest to lose customers and I am seriously considering leaving soon because of all these recent changes over last couple of years. ( years I have been in SL and in the last year and a half I find there are too many monetary changes too frequently.  next they will increase MP commissions, selling % of L$, costs to log on? costs for viewer?  If I didn't know better I'd say it's the act of desperation from a falling empire.

8 hours ago, Maddy Effingham said:

We need to keep posting.  Only our voices will can be our tools. 

If you play a game and want to get your credits out it's totally normal the provider takes his share.

25 dollars on 1000 isn't even really that much.

I don't hear you about paypal... realize those take their share too?

It's no greed, it's business.

• Like 1

You can apply for a higher payout threshold but having a lot of money in your account at one time (like currently) hasn't worked for anyone posting on the forums and many tried. You just missed all the discussion when this happened a few months back. Lots of folks got caught including me.  It will take you some time to get your money out now. There was an official announcement on the blog but of course many of us don't read that :D. 

LittleMe is completely correct. You can check your payout limit in your web account backend. 

Wow I have to confess I'm not at all impressed by LL's drop in customer service over the last 6 months.  I find their manner to be insulting and condescending.  And I quote: "These limits are in place to facilitate a business relationship between you and Second Life".  Facilitate?  Facilitate what?  their pocket?  Tell me you refuse my request and leave it at that.  I'll accept it, but don't insult my intelligence by posting some response like I was born yesterday??  2nd, have you noticed now how they like to have the last word by closing the ticket and no longer having a REOPEN button?  NOT TO MENTION their emails say "To reply to this case, either Reply to this email, or visit ..." for which when you reply you get a nice little " This case is no longer available for comment because it has been archived."

What wonderful ARROGANCE!!!

So be it.

correction

1 hour ago, Maddy Effingham said:

So in the limits when it says US$ Process Credit (30 days), is it 30 days from when you submit or 30 days from when it passes cause if it's when it passes that can be more like 35 days

how about you contact LL yourself instead of keeping adding more irritations you encounter during time?

Your rants add nothing to this section of the forums, it's not discussion, and not support.

Deal with it, or not, but this post doesn't really offer any help to your issue.

How about you just DON'T READ THE POST IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT?!?!??!

All I did was ask a question in a forum dedicated to the issue in hand.  I didn't complain or rant about ANYTHING!  If anything YOU are the one complaining and RANTING! 

50 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you are Premium, you could likely get a fast answer via Live Chat.  Otherwise you can submit a Support ticket, though likely someone you pulls money out of SL on a regular basis will come along soon to answer your question.

Thank you for your polite answer LiittleME.  At least SOME people are more civil in their answers.  I am not premium however I figured LL would not be to happy if I start creating tickets for such questions so I thought for something simple as this, maybe someone would know, but that's ok.  But thank you for the suggestion.  I appreciate it.  I don't know how to access the chat and I'm not even sure I can being that I am not premium. 

8 minutes ago, Maddy Effingham said:

I don't know how to access the chat and I'm not even sure I can being that I am not premium. 

Live chat support is only for premium members so you can't.

Don't be afraid to file a support ticket though. The Lindens are only happy to get some distractions from their endlesss days of boredom. Besides, as you already said, we pay them good money for their services, we might as well make sure we get something in return. ;)

Edited by ChinRey

`

16 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Live chat support is only for premium members so you can't.

Don't be afraid to file a support ticket though. The Lindens are only happy to get some distractions from their endlesss days of boredom. Besides, as you already said, we pay them good money for their services, we might as well make sure we get something in return. ;)

LOL!  Now THAT is a good answer hehehe.  Fair enough!  I WILL send a ticket pronto, and soon as I get an answer I will post it here for everyone else's benefit too, in case anyone else is curious.  thank you ChinRey.  You are an angel for cheering me up and making me laugh

1 hour ago, Maddy Effingham said:

and soon as I get an answer I will post it here for everyone else's benefit too, in case anyone else is curious.  thank you ChinRey.

YW ^_^

I'm not sure if you should post the answer straight away here though. I never checked but I think suport cases are supposed to be confidential. A summary of what they tell you is ok but maybe not a direct quote.

It would actually be better if you managed to convinced the Lindens to write a sticky post about it on the forums themselves. It is something many people want and need to know about and this thread is going to get buried by new questions fairly fast so it won't be easy to find a month or two from now.

21 minutes ago, Jeunesse90 said:

i have the same issue and i have never done this operation before, i dont know what should i do ?

Maybe just a bit more info might help.  You are having trouble processing credit, and have not done it before -- correct?  If you have not done it before, it is unlikely you are exceeding your limit (which is what the "same issue" would have been).

Steps to process credit:

1)  Sell L$ so that you show a USD balance on your account.  i.e. You need to see a value here on your Account Summary page:
image.png.0d97dc188aa920897832f76e11540cc7.png

2)  On your dashboard, expand Account and select Process Credit:
image.png.e91b346721e7367e0bd10461274dd1d3.png

If you have never done it before, then you will very likely get the following message at the top of the screen:
image.png.f477dbbe7ddc6880c0dffe3d6d803604.png

Click on 'Provide Additional Information' and send LL whatever they need.

If none of that addresses the issue you are having, please provide more info, including exactly what you are trying to do and exactly what steps you have done so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeunesse90 said:

i have the same issue and i have never done this operation before, i dont know what should i do ?

It is probably good to know that you will need to validate your account in order to move your USD balance to Paypal. You will need to agree to the Tilia Terms of Service and Privacy Policy (you may have done that) AND you will need to prove who you are showing ID like drivers liscense, ID card, passport and current utility bill etc. If you cannot DO THAT you will not be able to send money out.

So I suggest you do some research and get your account verified for moving US dollars out of SL BEFORE you continue. Otherwise you will be stuck with a USD balance that you may not need and then need to use that to buy your lindens back losing money. 

Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.