Need help with my avatar's body shape

Redstiza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I'm pretty new to this whole thing and the problem I'm having is with a furry avatar so just letting anyone know now.  I went with the only raccoon looking avatar I could find which was the Kemono one, but I'm not too crazy about the body shape.  

It's a bit too curvy and thin:

NziKXx3.png

I'm trying to go for a more masculine looking body, nothing big and bulky but not as curvy and stick figure-ish as seen above if that makes any sense.  It's just not the kind of body I want to have for myself but the shape editor doesn't seem to do much at all other than make things worse.  I don't know how else to fix this and even tried buying those clothes to cover it but that didn't do much at all.  At one point I actually tried looking for a headless and handless body that I could just wear with the head and everything else covered up.  

Could someone help me with this?

3 answers to this question

I'm not familiar with the Kemono body myself, so I don't know how well it adapts to shape changes...

But based on that pic, playing with the hip width / sattlebags should tone down the hip curves.
More width for the shoulders, perhaps a touch more torso muscles. A broader, perhaps shorter neck.
Then adjusting of the love handles to fit between the hips and shoulders
... such steps should make a difference. 

Alternatively, you could take a male shape as a base to get the desired effect, instead of a female one.

Basic Kemono is a thin small breasted FEMALE shape, and last I checked it's not fitted mesh so you cant really adjust 'love handles etc., but there is a fitted mesh torso addon, a mod kit, but that makes it even more 'female'.

There are probably male kits for kemonos, check the kemono modding community, you'll find people at the Kemono Store inworld and the stores around it.

The folks telling you to use the Kemono lovers' community for help are right on.

Some basic understanding of how shapes work might help, too.  

The classic avatar body's shape is controlled by the many adjustment sliders in Appearance/Edit Shape.  One of the basic settings is the Male/Female buttons.  Put on any of the older starter avatars and click these buttons to see how much things change!  The sliders have a wide range of effect and can create anything from a beautiful avatar to a truly ugly and misshapen trollish one.

Mesh bodies are add-on attachments.  First, the classic body is hidden by an alpha mask layer, then the mesh body is attached.  It's "rigged", linked to the skeleton of the classic avatar, so the body moves and bends when you do.  Some mesh bodies are also "Fitted" mesh, or "fitmesh" for short.  That means that they are responsive to the Appearance sliders, at least to a degree (but not, generally, as responsive as the underlying classic avatar body.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.