I can't log into secondlife

Passionate1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Turning off firewalls was a good idea.  When you get that error message, it's a sign that there is something wrong in your Internet connection, so you are only getting partially connected to the SL servers.  The "capabilities" are authorizations for your account to access key databases so you can get to your inventory, friends list, groups, etc.  The usual suspect when you have this problem is your router.  Start by unplugging it from the power for a few minutes (modem too) and then plugging them back in and rebooting.  If you've been on wireless, use a cable or DSL connection instead.

• Like 2

It might be coincidence and completely unrelated, but since the last main channel rolling restart just two days ago, it has become rather tricky to reach my mainland home sim. Or do anything on it. Or TP out if you eventually made it in somehow...

The same effect occurs to friends with other hardware and other connections. My own (wired) setup has been reset, rebooted and switched to Google's DNS servers ... no difference.

Any other sim works without oddities. Now I'm curious what the response to the support ticket will be.

Nobody interested in a 9,000+ sqm mainland plot, protected oceanfront at the Jeogeot Gulf, the majority of the sim sitting as abandoned land? B|

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.