please start a Sansar section

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators

Hello Alwin Alcott,

At this time, Linden Lab is not looking to create a separate section on the Second Life Forums for Sansar.

Sansar and Second Life are completely separate systems.

Now that Sansar is in open beta, I am sure that the Sansar teams are looking to introduce a forum option for Sansar.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Hello Alwin Alcott,

At this time, Linden Lab is not looking to create a separate section on the Second Life Forums for Sansar.

Sansar and Second Life are completely separate systems.

Now that Sansar is in open beta, I am sure that the Sansar teams are looking to introduce a forum option for Sansar.

if they are seperate systems... even more reason not to discuss it on Second Life ...?

there's some contradiction in your reply.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Except that discussions about how other worlds might impact SL are valid discussions here.

Agree. I am a Mac user, so little interest in Sansar -- except how it affects my SL business. Not that it necessarily requires its own forum.

On 8/2/2017 at 3:52 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Except that discussions about how other worlds might impact SL are valid discussions here.

Unless the discussion here is mostly about how bad (in SL terms) a world it is. That could have negative implications for the Lab's fledgling money pit.

Sansar is going to be a "steaming pile" for a lot of SL residents, either from computer specifications being too low (we know how many can't run deferred rendering in SL) through to not being able to dress an avatar, to not being able to decorate a home, to no adult, through to butt ugly avatars that you can't even see, well... it's a game engine not for us.

The Lab will of course decide, but, the negative from SL residents might be a bad thing for a shaky "steaming pile" game engine trying to get onto it's feet in the headwind of Unity and others who are already years ahead.

Mind you, it could corral all the negatives into one easy to control place. Hmmm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.