19 minutes ago, Maelstrom Janus said:

.'cos let's face it we're the ones paying for sansar to be developed...

Not really.  Some of the financial investment will be from Linden Lab's own pockets but the majority will come from other sources like loans, investors or partners. Sansar's books will be well isolated from Second Life's financials so that in case either one suddenly goes ***** up, it will not take the other, or the parent company, with it.

So if we all said right Im not bothering with my tier anymore or a premium account........money has to come from somewhere and even if its from other sources a sudden absence of paying customers or a fall in income is not going to be encouraging is it....

Edited by Maelstrom Janus

25 minutes ago, Maelstrom Janus said:

So if we all said right Im not bothering with my tier anymore or a premium account........money has to come from somewhere and even if its from other sources a sudden absence of paying customers or a fall in income is not going to be encouraging is it....

Did you forget all those  Island regions, filled with "non premium freeloaders" paying rent to private land rental companies, that is then used to pay tier at a rate that is generally higher then the rate you premiums pay on the Madlands continents.

Did you forget all those Island regions that outnumber the whole of the Madlands by more than 2 to 1?

Most MMO's eventually abandon the subscription only model in favour of the free-to-play-with-micro-transactions model because it makes them far more money in the long term.

One MMO in fact opened without a subscription model of any sort, it's financed entirely by selling optional (and nicer/sexier) costume options for peoples free-to-play characters.

In all these MMO's there remain however small groups of noisy entitled buffoons screaming that their small subscription fee vastly outweighs the massive amounts of money the company makes from the non subscribers.

Edited by Klytyna

11 hours ago, Derek Torvalar said:

See Medhues video in the other thread.

Left click while holding Ctrl to bring up the TP around a scene function.

No running jumping or sitting. You can kick objects around and VR people can manipulate, pick up objects.

Right click to cam around the scene, also while in build.

https://help.sansar.com/hc/en-us Explains how to do most stuff in  there.

Email today for me about pricing. Free is build 3 Experiences. Creator you can build 5 for 9.99/month. Super Creator can build 10 Experiences for 29.99, and Professional can build 20 Experiences for 99.99 per month. These all have varying levels of Support from simple email to email 2 day guarantee for Creator up to Phone Support and Live Web for Pro.

And I do have SSD  and 150Mb/s internet and haven't tried the revisiting to see if it loads faster.

Sandollars are 1000 for $10 US on the Sandex.

What am I doing wrong? I tried holding ctr to try to cam around right or left and it doesn't work. This is the single most frustrating thing for me now, that I can't cam around to edit objects. Also, I can't cam up to the top of the mountains to place items.

59 minutes ago, Maelstrom Janus said:

If you can't build and can't transfer your goodies from sl.... Im really baffled as to what the point of it is... Lets have some good incentives for LOYAL premium paying Sl customers 10 years Ive been here ...what bonuses did I get from Lindens when I commemorated my 10th anniversary this year...not a sausage.... so please...cheaper tiers or increased free land and lets increase DECENT rewards for long term fee paying customers..'cos let's face it we're the ones paying for sansar to be developed... not the freeloaders and griefers who wont even buy an sl premium account

The point of it is to build experiences.  It is nothing like Second Life and was not intended to be.  We did not pay for Sansar to be developed.  

5 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

What am I doing wrong? I tried holding ctr to try to cam around right or left and it doesn't work. This is the single most frustrating thing for me now, that I can't cam around to edit objects. Also, I can't cam up to the top of the mountains to place items.

Hi

Right Click and hold to cam around.

To TP within an experience you hold Ctrl and then left click on the point you want to get to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ima Rang said:

The point of it is to build experiences.  It is nothing like Second Life and was not intended to be.  We did not pay for Sansar to be developed.  

Waves!

Hi Ima.

Edited by Derek Torvalar

I'm not sure if it is the time of day or just that today is not the 'first' day of 'open to all' or what, but I got it installed fairly quickly (10 min max for download, install and all updating) and each of the experiences I went to only took 30-60 seconds to load.  My computer is definitely not super high end - a gaming laptop that is about 3-4 yrs old now, though it does manage to exceed most of the recommended requirements for non-VR.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm not sure if it is the time of day or just that today is not the 'first' day of 'open to all' or what, but I got it installed fairly quickly (10 min max for download, install and all updating) and each of the experiences I went to only took 30-60 seconds to load.  My computer is definitely not super high end - a gaming laptop that is about 3-4 yrs old now, though it does manage to exceed most of the recommended requirements for non-VR.

Mine was better today as well. And as I posted before revisiting anExperience is way quicker to load time.

If you are running a laptop, or if you are air cooling keep an eye on your temps.

Sansar utilizes all cores on your cpu apparently and my temps got very high, for me, even for water cooled system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derek Torvalar said:

If you are running a laptop, or if you are air cooling keep an eye on your temps.

Sansar utilizes all cores on your cpu apparently and my temps got very high, for me, even for water cooled system.

Oh, good reminder -- I vaguely remember you mentioning that before, but had forgotten.  I'm keep my temp monitor up when I log in next time to see how it does.

24 minutes ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Waves!

Hi Ima.

Hey stranger!

Been forever!  Hope all is well with you :)

21 minutes ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Mine was better today as well. And as I posted before revisiting anExperience is way quicker to load time.

I just invested in a water cooled desktop system and my temps were high too.  Not sure what that was about.  

3 minutes ago, Ima Rang said:

I just invested in a water cooled desktop system and my temps were high too.  Not sure what that was about.  

A few complaints about that on the Sansar forums. Where I saw the mention about it using all cores. My graphics card, water cooled as well, also was running mid 50C which it never does anywhere else, staying below 45 even on Witcher 3 on Ultra at 4k.

I didn't actually check the cpu utilization metric but didn't really need to as the temps verify that it is workin hard.

Edited by Derek Torvalar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Just an update on my brothel.

Sansar is non Adult. Absolutely no Adult content or references allowed.

Looks like Sansar is dead on arrival. /s

But also on a more serious note, adult content is definitely a major attraction in Second Life, and I would expect the case to be the same for Sansar if it had it. Not having it (along with no ability to make animations in general) is definitely cutting off a few limbs from the longevity/revenue of the project.

9 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Looks like Sansar is dead on arrival. /s

But also on a more serious note, adult content is definitely a major attraction in Second Life, and I would expect the case to be the same for Sansar if it had it. Not having it (along with no ability to make animations in general) is definitely cutting off a few limbs from the longevity/revenue of the project.

It will arrive, eventually. Give it another 6 months -2 years

36 minutes ago, Derek Torvalar said:

It will arrive, eventually. Give it another 6 months -2 years

It's definitely not a requirement for me (unless we're talking about animations in general), I'm just thinking out loud.

I'm very used to getting in early and waiting literally years for it to get good. I'm patient. c:

I'll wait for all the dust to settle before I set foot there. I'm getting confused reading this thread and there is a reason it's still in the Beta stage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Sansar does not support Linux, it does not support Mac, its hardware requirements is too high for some Windows computers used in SL, a lot of people in SL are so attached to their inventories and/or avatars they won't go unless they can take them along, a lot of people are so comfortable in their SL homes they wouldn't dream of moving to start over somewhere else, many people made up their minds they don't like Sansar long before they actually knew what it was about, most people in SL still doesn't know that Sansar is open (and they won't know for at least a few weeks), many haven't even heard about Sansar...

There isn't going to be a stampede from Second Life to Sansar any time soon.

It wasn't a secret at all, Linden Lab had annouced that.

Just as it was no secret at all that it would open during the first half of 2017, in spring 2017, very early in 2017, before the end of 2016, early in 2016 .... .... and before the end of 2014.

It wasn't until we had an actual date we could be sure it was for real this time.

ChinRey, no one cares that Sansar does not support Linux, trust me on this. Truly they don't. If there are 2 1/2 geeks at a Linden office hour complaining, I understand, but that's not most people and I think basically qualifies as "no one". To be sure, there is more love for Macs and possibly greater numbers of complaints, but I think it's safe to say that the overwhelming number of people playing SL and even trying Sansar and even developing in Sansar have PCs. It is not a deal-breaker for Macs not to play it. The Lindens, who are the geekiest geeks there are, in their wisdom, did not make it available for Macs and that tells you something -- and the old Linux cult that prevailed in the early days of SL is no longer unimpeachable. It tells you that even for the Mac-loving Mac cohort in San Francisco, which is a wall of culture that cannot be scaled, somehow, the Mac became dispensable. Go know. Who knew. And they allowed it to happen, which means -- wait for it -- their cohort, their networks, are not as attached to Macs for developing as one might have thought.

As I keep emphasizing, and I've said 3 or 4 times now in different posts about Sansar, the process of migration from virtual worlds isn't an overnight thing, where one day people with tens of thousands of pieces of inventory and friendship circles and land stampede to a new shiny VW, never to return to the old. It never happens that way. It is a wave that washes to and fro. And as Sansar gets better and has more basic interactivity, it might attract away significant numbers of people who are tired of a) the high cost of SL to enjoy land and creative activity -- this is likely the biggest complaint b) the lag, poor visibility, griefing, whatever of SL; c) the lack of a sense of growth and excitement. All of these factors can become combustible at the right moment and increase the wash of the wave outward, and not to ebb back.

It's not about "stampedes" and I've never said it was. It's about a migration, an outflow, and seeing the possibility of that happen, for all the reasons I just said. 

If I were my average tenant, and I had a place with pretty graphics and a big space to plunk content out into, where I could sit down and also dance and shake hands -- not even necessarily have sex -- and could also have some things like "drink tea" or "play chess" or "dance a jig" as in The Sims Online or something, and I could chat comfortably with friends, explore, shop, without griefing, high cost, and lag, I might simply end up spending more time in this place that I might even say is lame on the forums. That's how life works, ChinRey. Watch them.

I never said it was "a secret" as everyone knows it was not merely by looking at past forums post and news accounts. Literalism is the killer of comprehension, ChinRey.

I said the actually opening "now" must have been something of "the poorest held secret" because I heard talk of it myself and I'm nobody. And no, no one was "sure," but the various spikes of activity, whether on the LindEx, with merchant sales which I continue to insist are a sign (despite the "August doldrums" when there are ALWAYS sales -- there were more and deeper this summer), various tenants getting fed up with SL, etc. These things matter. Now you can discount all of them literally but as they accumulated you get a sense that something is up.

Die-hards in The Sims Online continued to say that SL was lame and laggy and griefy for years. They clung to their 2-D world. Some of them became top revenue-generating creators later in Second Life, however. At one point, frantic to keep people like them, the TSO game gods added in user content. Too little too late and out of proportion and without safeguards on copyright and simoleon theft and so on. 

I speak from the experience of watching a world that I was very attached to die, because a better world appeared. I was in The Sims Online when the makers flashed the sign GAME OVER and pulled the plug on it. Do you have any experience like that? So I'm here to tell you that the experience is DRAWN OUT -- even over YEARS. But it HAPPENS. And people from There will tell you the exact same thing, I've interviewed them over the years.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

ChinRey, no one cares that Sansar does not support Linux, trust me on this. Truly they don't. If there are 2 1/2 geeks at a Linden office hour complaining, I understand, but that's not most people and I think basically qualifies as "no one"

Only nobody at all qualifies as "no-one". One in a million, for instance, qualifies as extremely few, but not as "no-one".

Just sayin'.

• Like 2

My Dell T20 xeon server that has not got a graphics card apart tfrom that built into the cpu can log in to Sansar lol but all I could see is a few white boxes!

Still had no luck with my high spec pc though.

Edited by Phoebe Avro

1 minute ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The moderator who merged another thread with your one. ^_^

LL should not be doing that in my opinion!

• Like 5

Since I finally got into Sansar myself, I find it hilarious (when thinking about all the people who were ready to jump ship from SL to "SL2") how little control the user has in general.

- No sitting, running, jumping, or flying. (Only a pretty clunky teleport, obviously aimed at VR users.)
- No interaction with the world. (No "touch" equivalent from SL.)
- No settings. (Graphics nor controls.)
- No in-world inventory. (You don't "rez" things.)
- No partial outfits, only hairstyle, clothing, and accessories (read: jewelry).
- No scripted avatar attachments. (Yet?)

Obviously, we're very early so I'm not knocking Sansar for those issues, but it's still really funny.

The only thing I'm even slightly sad about is the fact that you can't attach scripts to avatars yet (but is planned), according to the script API documentation.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1