27 minutes ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Just an update on my brothel.

Sansar is non Adult. Absolutely no Adult content or references allowed. Though I did see someone with an Experience called Sexy Time but not sure if that will stay.

It is open to pre 13 year olds with parental consent.

So an Adult Sansar Experience is still a long way off.

Will keep those interested updated though. lmao

No Adult content, huh?  Whatever will the media report on?  ¬¬

That right there will keep a lot of SL folks from abondoning ship here and running over there.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Sandollars are 1000 for $10 US on the Sandex.

So 1000 Sandollars for $10 US - which means 2.5 times more L$ than Sandollars for your US$......   AND based on some other comments in either this thread of another, buying items from the Sansar Store that are similar to SL items will likely cost a bit more because LL is taking a higher commission.  Hmmmm 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Corrected a typo and backwards calcs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So 1000 Sandollars for $1 US - which is about 2.5 times the cost of an L$......   AND based on some other comments in either this thread of another, buying items from the Sansar Store that are similar to SL items will likely cost a bit more because LL is taking a higher commission.  Hmmmm 

Nope, 1000 S$ for $10.00 US

Probably a typo I think? Yes?

Edited by Derek Torvalar

12 minutes ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Yes but,...the land given for experiences is huge and creating up to three experiences its free. All 7 I created as tester are about the size of a SIM in SL (or at least feels like it)  That was their goal, to not charge people up the nose for land like in SL and instead make their $ on each transaction.

5980d4b6aecff_SansarPlans073117.thumb.JPG.b3729013115490f101d4e1135dfcb67a.JPG

Edited by Zsigmond Alcott
Spelling

1 minute ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Yes but,...the land given for experiences is huge and creating up to three experiences its free. All 7 I created as tester are about the size of a SIM in SL That was their goal, to not charge people up the nose for land like in SL and make their $ on each transaction.

My post was suggesting that Little had put a typo in there regarding the cost of SanDollars and me correcting that.

The price of Experiences etc is a whole other discussion I will leave for Prok to get into lol

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So 1000 Sandollars for $1 US - which is about 2.5 times the cost of an L$......   AND based on some other comments in either this thread of another, buying items from the Sansar Store that are similar to SL items will likely cost a bit more because LL is taking a higher commission.  Hmmmm 

50 minutes ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Oops - will fix that

Though, you still get 2.5 times more L$ than Sandollars for your US$ - I think I worded that part backwards in the original post also.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oops - will fix that

Though, you still get 2.5 times more L$ than Sandollars for your US$ - I think I worded that part backwards in the original post also.

Yep as of this writing $9.97 US gets you 2500 L$.

But bear in mind that the Sandex is just new and has very few purchasers and is likely to fluctuate as the number of users grow.

44 minutes ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Yes but,...the land given for experiences is huge and creating up to three experiences its free. All 7 I created as tester are about the size of a SIM in SL (or at least feels like it)  That was their goal, to not charge people up the nose for land like in SL and instead make their $ on each transaction.

Yes, but my comments about cost of the Sandollars and Store items was more for folks coming in and spending money within the experiences -- customizing avatars, maybe renting a home.  Those things will cost the general user/non-creator person more in Sansar.

11 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

How does Sansar handle user names? Do we use our SL names or is it all new? Last names?

You need to register your account under the name you wish to use. It will remain a unique identifier for you. However, your in game name may be anything  and is not unique.

Go here and have a look. https://help.sansar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002202426-Avatar-Name-and-Avatar-ID

Ciaran Laval gives a good rundown on getting started on her blog.

Am I allowed to link to outside blogs? NM put the official page in there.

lol

So if you want your SL name in Sansar you best register your account using that name. But that doesn't mean that anyone else can't use the name in there.

Edited by Derek Torvalar

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No Adult content, huh?  Whatever will the media report on?  ¬¬

That right there will keep a lot of SL folks from abondoning ship here and running over there.  

Probably complain about the fact that there is no Adult content of course. lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, but my comments about cost of the Sandollars and Store items was more for folks coming in and spending money within the experiences -- customizing avatars, maybe renting a home.  Those things will cost the general user/non-creator person more in Sansar.

I don't see any reason for land/home rentals in Sansar. Renters won't be able to do anything with a house ... what you see is all you'll get. Land is worse ... you can't build on it. I supposed someone could get a lot of experiences and set them up as well-decorated homes, then rent the experiences out.

2 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

so i need the fancy expensive goggles  for that new secondlife ?

Only if you actually want to interact with the world B|

Though supposedly that will change.

27 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I don't see any reason for land/home rentals in Sansar. Renters won't be able to do anything with a house ... what you see is all you'll get. Land is worse ... you can't build on it. I supposed someone could get a lot of experiences and set them up as well-decorated homes, then rent the experiences out.

I heard talk of being able to walk in a home (separate from the experience someone else created) and decorate it -- via the same way the experiences are created (they are created on a building platform not viewable to others and then published so others can see it).
So perhaps those creating experiences (basically their own little world) can divvy up the space in this way and rent it.

*plans for the future -- I don't see this existing in the experiences we can visit at this time.

Edited by Luna Bliss
clarity

While it might be possible at some later date for an Experience owner who has created a community of x number of homes to rent out to persons, those individuals would never be able to decorate them on their own. There will never be a permission system put in place for non owners of the experience to alter the experience in any way. The experience is directly tied to the account holder and any editing or adding and subtracting of content must be done by them. 

If all renters were constantly changing the experience and saving and republishing the experience it would be mayhem. So I don't believe that capability will ever exist. People will not rent an home on an Experience without "rez rights". Or maybe they will, who knows.

But it comes back to the issue of whether anyone would rent a home on an Experience as opposed to buying the home themselves off the market place and the furniture they want for it and setting it all up on their own Experience. Not all would be able to or willing to do that I guess. Not at this stage of development anyway. It would have to become much simpler.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

edit: post merged with other Sansar posts

Am I the only one here who was a bit surprised to see which of the titles the moderators chose to keep when they merged the threads? Maybe there is something they want to say but are afraid to... :P

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Am I the only one here who was a bit surprised to see which of the titles the moderators chose to keep when they merged the threads? Maybe there is something they want to say but are afraid to... :P

No... A certain moderator simply messed up big time when merging, and dumped everything in to an amusingly labeled micro-thread in the land forum, then couldn't unmerge and just shifted it all back here with a brand new shiny anti-Sansar title!

Enjoy the irony...

25 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

No... A certain moderator simply messed up big time when merging

I still go for the conspiracy theory anyway if it's all the same to you.

A rebel force, hiding in the very heart of Linden Lab, the successors to the ancient order of the Prim Masons. They've been quietly working for years, adding an "a" to the end of "Sansar" in vital documents to divert resources to Second Life, replacing the Sansar developers' coffee supplies with decaffeinated to slow them down...

It just makes sense, it does!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

That pricing table is horrible. You're basically creating a skybox environment for people to walk around in to "experience". That's the concept. That's it. It's not worth the price. 

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

replacing the Sansar developers' coffee supplies with decaffeinated to slow them down...

It just makes sense, it does!

Damn! You might have a point, after all, we ALL know that Jolt is the drink of real programmers... Twice the sugar, ALL the caffein...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

replacing the Sansar developers' coffee supplies with decaffeinated

Oh dear god, no.  The humanity!  Please, tell me no one that cruel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh dear god, no.  The humanity!  Please, tell me no one that cruel.

02.jpg

If you can't build and can't transfer your goodies from sl.... Im really baffled as to what the point of it is... Lets have some good incentives for LOYAL premium paying Sl customers 10 years Ive been here ...what bonuses did I get from Lindens when I commemorated my 10th anniversary this year...not a sausage.... so please...cheaper tiers or increased free land and lets increase DECENT rewards for long term fee paying customers..'cos let's face it we're the ones paying for sansar to be developed... not the freeloaders and griefers who wont even buy an sl premium account

Oooh no adult content and open to 13 year olds it just gets 'better and better.'... the adult customers paying for a load of brats - no thanks !! Nails in coffins and all that.....