6 hours ago, VargMadsen said:

I came to SL from IMVU and as far as I understand it Sansar is a 3D Virtual IMVU with the possibility to walk around and sometimes interact with objects.

You have a very good point there. The Sansar concept is in many ways closer too IMVU than it is to SL.

• Like 2

I still cant log in to Sansar, I started to loose interest when Ebbe said they were going to use allegorithmic substances, then back tracked coz he obviously didn't know what they were at the time.

Edited by Phoebe Avro

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, Phoebe Avro said:

they were going to use allegorithmic substances

I haven't used those since college, but sometimes I still have flashbacks!:ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2017 at 9:04 AM, ChinRey said:

You have a very good point there. The Sansar concept is in many ways closer too IMVU than it is to SL.

If they designed a SL in the style of IMVU (no open worlds, just instances), then it would make sense - it would remove the (frankly outrageous) land prices which is what puts off many people. IMVU is free to use in this way once you set up your own rooms. Linden Labs, of course, are so incredibly incompetent that they took the worst of IMVU and thought that would be a good idea. IMVU is a mix of a "Myspace" kind of front page (where you can make your own personal profile and this way you can search for friends) with a 3D chat room you can host or join. Sansar fails at making sense and has static places with nothing to do, no way to meet people that I could figure out, no interaction and the moment you want to create your own experience, you realize it's all a joke. I'd bet everything I own that it will fail because they have no idea at all about what would make it successful. 

• Like 1

IMVU also has better character customization and clothing options even if it has recently turned into a Kim Kardashian urban/skank wear designing clone, heh.

• Like 1

i was on sansar lastnight an it was like playin a game on xbox one x  its gona be great cuz u can use the xbox controller  that makes it perfect

• Confused 1

Nothing to do in Sansar but walk through art exhibits in worlds with no other users with my horrible looking avatar and it's lack of animations, but as long as I can do it with an Xbox controller I'm in paradise.

What dollar bin game did MS license for the Xbox that has the same aforementioned features?

6 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Nothing to do in Sansar but walk through art exhibits in worlds with no other users with my horrible looking avatar and it's lack of animations, but as long as I can do it with an Xbox controller I'm in paradise.

What dollar bin game did MS license for the Xbox that has the same aforementioned features?

It appears you have no clue what 'Creator Beta' means.

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have been involved in several actually.

LL committed the ultimate sin in prioritizing scenary over avatar customization for as long as they have. Over 4 years of development and it is just recently being looked into? And let's not even mention animations, something not even SL staff want to talk about.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:
29 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have been involved in several actually.

LL committed the ultimate sin in prioritizing scenary over avatar customization for as long as they have. Over 4 years of development and it is just recently being looked into? And let's not even mention animations, something not even SL staff want to talk about.

Well same comment applies here that I made on the other thread:

Your comments on Sansar frequently seem arrogant and over-confident -- they reflect a level of expertise you do not possess. I could overlook that until you started insulting people.

18 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Are you some kind of expert in game engines and how they are developed (what should come first in general game engine development, and what should come first according to what they have planned as their focus for Sansar).

Do you know Sansar's budget as well as difficulties they might have encountered along the way to such a degree that  you can confirm 4 years is too long?

It appears you are concerned that VRChat is "kicking Sansar's butt", as you said in another thread -- did it ever occur to you that Sansar's primary goal is not to be another VRChat?

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you some kind of expert in game engines and how they are developed (what should come first in general game engine development, and what should come first according to what they have planned as their focus for Sansar).

Nope. Never claimed to be. I am simply echoing concerns made by many creators and users that participate in Sansar's and SL's content creation meetings as I see the issues as well

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

It appears you are concerned that VRChat is "kicking Sansar's butt", as you said in another thread -- did it ever occur to you that Sansar's primary goal is not to be another VRChat?

VRChat is popular, but not profitable in its current format. What is Sansar's primary goal btw? Seems like "user retention" has been brought up a lot recently. ;)

I'm resurrecting this thread because I was just in Sansar and bumped into Medhue, which was odd since I'd been reading this thread and then there he was in Sansar. Weird.

I have no idea if Sansar will survive, thrive or wither away. I'm going to continue visiting it, though, as it's intriguing in its own way.

No, it's not the same as SL and doesn't have the history or complexity of SL's ongoing community (and many unique subcultures). But everything has to start somewhere. It might develop into its own unique creature. It'll never become "SL2" because SL is unique as we all know. 

All Sansar needs in order to continue is for people to keep taking an interest. I'm no content creator, I'm just a wandering conversationalist. Even so, I'll continue dropping in to see what's going on there. SL wasn't always as it is now, but it became what it now is thanks to the community who built it. 

Just my pointless opinion, anyway.