Bento head won't animate

AspenRenee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all. I have scoured the Internet and these forums but have failed to find an answer. Here is the problem.. I recently made my first avatar (Yay me!).  When  using certain furniture, things worked well. I've upgraded to a bento head (Catwa catya) and now my face is lifeless and unanimated when  using furniture. (example:  sex furniture, oral sex, the mouth won't open, no facial expressions, things like that.) I've ran to several different Sims and tried various things and my face is just plain, no matter what.  If I switch off the bento head and use something different, it works, but as soon as I use my bento, all facial animations are gone again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by AspenRenee
Added detailed information
  • Like 1

It's just my guess as another consumer, but I suppose that the animation engines simply cannot address the facial rigging bones that trigger the heads to be animated.
At least the old engines, perhaps there'll be updated animations at some point.

In the meantime, your best bet is to work with your head's built in animations. That does require you to keep its HUD open and to be on a script-enabled plot of land, to my understanding.

I suppose Catwa also allows you to "layer" different animations on your head as well as the option to add additionally purchased facial animation. If it doesn't, that'd be pretty lame for that price tag.

• Like 1

Well that would be terribly unfortunate. I figured that older engines would at least be able to use the head, just not have access to the new bones. 

I didn't realize I could buy different facial animations. I'm still very new to second life and have much to learn. :)

• Like 1

Hi, Aspen.

Some people seem to have found a way get bento to work with most of the old furniture animation. I have a bento animation HUD from Happy Dispatch. If I have it on, my bento head (lelutka) works with about 70% of the furniture animations out there. It's 600L. not too expensive.

The sneeze animation alone is probably worth 600L :D

Edited by Myra Wildmist
added info
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Myra Wildmist said:

Hi, Aspen.

Some people seem to have found a way get bento to work with most of the old furniture animation. I have a bento animation HUD from Happy Dispatch. If I have it on, my bento head (lelutka) works with about 70% of the furniture animations out there. It's 600L. not too expensive.

The sneeze animation alone is probably worth 600L :D

Wow I just watched the video for that.  It does look great :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AspenRenee said:

Myra, thank you so much!!  This works perfectly!  I had been using 2 different HUD's and manually changing different facial features.  This does it all for me like it was before I went Bento.  You rock!

My pleasure. it is an awesome HUD. Have fun sneezing! hehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You may not be doing anything wrong. Sometimes the servers just don't want to move things.  Among the strategies I have tried, with varying degrees of success:

1. dragging more slowly from inventory to the object contents.

2. moving first to another region, and THEN transferring the item

3. double checking to be sure that the object is not locked (That's actually the first thing I check)

4. relogging

5. cursing (That helps me a lot, but doesn't seem to affect the transfer)

• 1 year later...

Hello! I had the same problem. Look up, "Sexual Facial Expressions," in the Marketplace. The first two results are what you need one of. It's a Mocap enabled HUD that will allow you to control your face during sex. And yes, open your mouth. I couldn't live without it!

Good luck! I hope this helps you out. :0)

<3,GypsyEnya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.