Unable to teleport to a place

TrixieVondergeist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok So I was trying to go to a land where I normally pay rent but when I tried to teleport I got this message: Teleport failed. Problem encountered processing your teleport request. You may need to log back in before you can teleport. If you continue to get this message please check Second Life Support Portal. I tried for a few hours to get there but to no avail what does that mean the message I mean

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, TrixieVondergeist said:

Ok So I was trying to go to a land where I normally pay rent but when I tried to teleport I got this message: Teleport failed. Problem encountered processing your teleport request. You may need to log back in before you can teleport. If you continue to get this message please check Second Life Support Portal. I tried for a few hours to get there but to no avail what does that mean the message I mean

Try resetting your router.  Until someone more technical comes along :D

It can mean all kinds of things...

The region you are on is glitched, or the region you are going to is glitched, or SL just hiccupped and it'll be fine in a few mins, or that you are trying to tp after being thrown somewhere that technically doesn't exist by a badly set landowners griefer-orb (say -10 km off the coast of an island region for example), or that the region you are trying to leave is lagging like hell from too many people or prims or scripts or [mysterious sl stuff here] to allow you to leave, or any of a bunch of other things.

The messages tend to be a bit vague, it's like that 'failed dns message' that can mean reset your router, or that the internet between you and sl has failed, or equally, that a new server tech tripped over a powerlead at LL and didnt notice he pulled it out of the back of a machine.

Baring some as yet unknown insight from Super-Whirly, try relogging at a different sim then trying the tp to the destination again.

Look it up on the main Map.  Teleport to a region next door.  Then see if you can walk to your region.  If you don't see it, it's off line!  If this is Mainland, file a Support Case with LL and request a region re-start.  If it's a private estate, try to contact the owner or a manager.  If it looks like they've gone out of business, then contact LL and ask them to put the region back on the grid long enough for you and other tenants to collect your stuff.

This has been happening to me A LOT lately. After just a few times trying to get into a full sim (and it doesn't matter which one, it's happened on multiple and trying to get to multiple) I get that message box and can't TP for a few minutes. It makes getting into full sims to shop really difficult!

29 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Imtiaz said:

This has been happening to me A LOT lately. After just a few times trying to get into a full sim (and it doesn't matter which one, it's happened on multiple and trying to get to multiple) I get that message box and can't TP for a few minutes. It makes getting into full sims to shop really difficult!

Remember, teleports depend on both sims being able to talk to each other, to transmit the information that is you from the sim you're leaving to the sim where you plan to arrive.  If either sim is very laggy, problems can occur.  One way to help the system is to reduce the amount of information the sims need to share.  Reduce your avatar complexity, and remove heavily scripted items.  Huge inventories and Friends lists can also slow down teleports or make them less reliable. Another thing you can try is to reduce the lag at your departure point.  Before teleporting, fly up above 1,000 m.  The lag is a lot less above this height because nothing on the ground is rendered.

Getting into full regions can be a problem.

For every problem in SL there is an app... :D

So, for getting into crowded regions there are TP Hammers. Tell them where you want to go and they keep trying to get you their until you get in.

The Lindens in their ongoing research to find bottlenecks found TP's causing an inordinate amount of regon lag. The recent bad case of this I saw was the 2017 Fantasy Faire. Analyzing the problem the Lindens noticed rejected teleports were consuminga huge amount of server resources to the point regions had to be restarted to clear out the cues. 

The quick fix was to reduce the number of teleports and thus the possible number of rejections per minute. They put a throttle on teleports. You have so many opportunities per minute and then the servers just do not listen to you for a period. This broke many TP Hammers. 

Those that have adjustable retry rates are still usable. So, you can use one. They are handy as you can go do something else while they they keep trying to get you in.

Time of day is an issue too. Peak SL use is between 2 & 3 PM PT. The lowest, off-peak use is between 2 & 3 AM PT. So, deciding to try in off-peak hours helps.

And there seems to be some fraction of users that have started avoiding events. Those people seem to have a common personality. Many of us would probably consider their staying away an improvement to the quality of the event. Whatever, they stay away, others get in sooner.

Premium Members have an edge getting into events. When regions max out at 30 or 40 or 100 avatars, depending on what the region owner has set, Premium members have access to an additional 5+/- slots over the limit. I usually get into popular events the first day. Very neat.

In crowded events some people park their avatar in the air and cam through the event. This reduces the load on the region's physics engine. I use a SpaceNavigator so it is way easy fun. But, mouse works too. I make it through the even much faster and am out to make room for others. I also use double-click to TP. That doesn't always work. When it does it is really great. In cam'ing around I can double-click the ground to snap myself there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.