Jump to content
LiveReport

Profile Feeds Killed to Bring People back to the GD Forum

Recommended Posts

The last day a post was made on the Second Life Profile Feeds was 4 Days ago. It is believed that a Drama Loving Character from the old General Discussion Forum purposefully killed the Profile Feed to bring Drama back to the Forum, increase ratings,  sale more ads, have something to do while eating popcorn, and enjoy seeing all the Feed Lovers pull there hair out! This is an ongoing investigation please stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

Edited by LiveReport
For Drama
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Keli Kyrie said:

That is madness Live who would do such a thing!

I don't know Keli but I think it is totally possible. I heard that someone that use to like to cause drama in the Old SL Forum got a job working for Sansar and now that Sansar is basically complete, maybe they are bored and up to their old ways? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Extemporaneous said:

I don't know Keli but I think it is totally possible. I heard that someone that use to like to cause drama in the Old SL Forum got a job working for Sansar and now that Sansar is basically complete, maybe they are bored and up to their old ways? 

That has to be it Extemp !!!! With all the media that will be focused on SL and Sansar and the Big Linden Lab Conference this week it has to be an inside job!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you are saying someone that use to hang out in the Forum now works for LL and is causing drama? Inconceivable!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pepine said:

So you are saying someone that use to hang out in the Forum now works for LL and is causing drama? Inconceivable!

mmmhmmm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LiveReport said:

 It is believed that a Drama Loving Character from the old General Discussion Forum purposefully killed the Profile Feed to bring Drama back to the Forum, increase ratings,  sale more ads, have something to do while eating popcorn, and enjoy seeing all the Feed Lovers pull there hair out! 

I think it may be working.

How can one not enjoy the drama ho's?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Storm Clarence said:

Can someone tell me where the cafeteria may be located?    

It is where you are meeting me for lunch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Storm Clarence said:

Can someone tell me where the cafeteria may be located?    

 

1 minute ago, LiveReport said:

It is where you are meeting me for lunch!

/me hugs Storm <3 We will both be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both feed and messages were incredibly buggy and unreliable. But they were such a cool feature to have! Especially for the faceboook and flickr haters. I miss the messages a lot, and if LL decided to take down the feed permanently, I think that this definately would be a step in the wrong direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Live. : )

 

I was just going to post to the forums about the Profile Feeds, and saw this message. So in one sense, the demise of the profile feeds has brought me back to the forums - to complain.

I hope they fix the feeds, soon, but I don't have any hope of it - it's been a continuing problem for months.

Sadly, I think LL has been too focused on Sansar and "insignificant" problems like the existing user community's profile feeds have been shunted aside. At the very least, it would be nice to have a public statement from SL telling us what was going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like profile feeds.  I'd post the odd photo every week or two, just for the record, sort of thing.  I hope LL gets them working again.  I think it would be great too if they could introduce similar profile feeds for groups - as long as the owner has the ability to moderate them, that is!  

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.8.2017 at 9:57 AM, Makkie Riegler said:

Both feed and messages were incredibly buggy and unreliable. But they were such a cool feature to have! Especially for the faceboook and flickr haters. I miss the messages a lot, and if LL decided to take down the feed permanently, I think that this definately would be a step in the wrong direction.

Actually I wouldn't mind at all if LL decided to take down the feed entirely. I've ignored that "feature" since its introduction, because in my opinion it's just FB-like crap.

Color me a "facebook hater" - but my opinion still stands. In my opinion, this feed **** could vanish, rather now than later. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

Actually I wouldn't mind at all if LL decided to take down the feed entirely. I've ignored that "feature" since its introduction, because in my opinion it's just FB-like crap.

Color me a "facebook hater" - but my opinion still stands. In my opinion, this feed **** could vanish, rather now than later. :P

I always viewed it more likey Instagram, but yeah, same thing with a different name

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, Conifer Dada said:

I like profile feeds.  I'd post the odd photo every week or two, just for the record, sort of thing.  I hope LL gets them working again.  I think it would be great too if they could introduce similar profile feeds for groups - as long as the owner has the ability to moderate them, that is!  

Agreed !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Monday everyone!  We continue to actively work on the profiles outage and snapshot uploading issues.  You should be seeing some improvements already, but there are several issues and we’re going to be working through them in the coming days. Thank you again for your patience!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...