Profile Feeds Killed to Bring People back to the GD Forum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The last day a post was made on the Second Life Profile Feeds was 4 Days ago. It is believed that a Drama Loving Character from the old General Discussion Forum purposefully killed the Profile Feed to bring Drama back to the Forum, increase ratings,  sale more ads, have something to do while eating popcorn, and enjoy seeing all the Feed Lovers pull there hair out! This is an ongoing investigation please stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

Edited by LiveReport
For Drama
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Keli Kyrie said:

That is madness Live who would do such a thing!

I don't know Keli but I think it is totally possible. I heard that someone that use to like to cause drama in the Old SL Forum got a job working for Sansar and now that Sansar is basically complete, maybe they are bored and up to their old ways? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Extemporaneous said:

I don't know Keli but I think it is totally possible. I heard that someone that use to like to cause drama in the Old SL Forum got a job working for Sansar and now that Sansar is basically complete, maybe they are bored and up to their old ways? 

That has to be it Extemp !!!! With all the media that will be focused on SL and Sansar and the Big Linden Lab Conference this week it has to be an inside job!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LiveReport said:

It is believed that a Drama Loving Character from the old General Discussion Forum purposefully killed the Profile Feed to bring Drama back to the Forum, increase ratings,  sale more ads, have something to do while eating popcorn, and enjoy seeing all the Feed Lovers pull there hair out! 

I think it may be working.

How can one not enjoy the drama ho's?

• Like 3

Both feed and messages were incredibly buggy and unreliable. But they were such a cool feature to have! Especially for the faceboook and flickr haters. I miss the messages a lot, and if LL decided to take down the feed permanently, I think that this definately would be a step in the wrong direction.

Hi, Live. : )

I was just going to post to the forums about the Profile Feeds, and saw this message. So in one sense, the demise of the profile feeds has brought me back to the forums - to complain.

I hope they fix the feeds, soon, but I don't have any hope of it - it's been a continuing problem for months.

Sadly, I think LL has been too focused on Sansar and "insignificant" problems like the existing user community's profile feeds have been shunted aside. At the very least, it would be nice to have a public statement from SL telling us what was going on.

• Like 1

I like profile feeds.  I'd post the odd photo every week or two, just for the record, sort of thing.  I hope LL gets them working again.  I think it would be great too if they could introduce similar profile feeds for groups - as long as the owner has the ability to moderate them, that is!  

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 3

On 2.8.2017 at 9:57 AM, Makkie Riegler said:

Both feed and messages were incredibly buggy and unreliable. But they were such a cool feature to have! Especially for the faceboook and flickr haters. I miss the messages a lot, and if LL decided to take down the feed permanently, I think that this definately would be a step in the wrong direction.

Actually I wouldn't mind at all if LL decided to take down the feed entirely. I've ignored that "feature" since its introduction, because in my opinion it's just FB-like crap.

Color me a "facebook hater" - but my opinion still stands. In my opinion, this feed **** could vanish, rather now than later. :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

Actually I wouldn't mind at all if LL decided to take down the feed entirely. I've ignored that "feature" since its introduction, because in my opinion it's just FB-like crap.

Color me a "facebook hater" - but my opinion still stands. In my opinion, this feed **** could vanish, rather now than later. :P

I always viewed it more likey Instagram, but yeah, same thing with a different name

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, Conifer Dada said:

I like profile feeds.  I'd post the odd photo every week or two, just for the record, sort of thing.  I hope LL gets them working again.  I think it would be great too if they could introduce similar profile feeds for groups - as long as the owner has the ability to moderate them, that is!  

Agreed !

• Lindens

Happy Monday everyone!  We continue to actively work on the profiles outage and snapshot uploading issues.  You should be seeing some improvements already, but there are several issues and we’re going to be working through them in the coming days. Thank you again for your patience!

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.