Week old SL player looking for friends!

chrisinfamous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

My name is Chris, and my avatar goes by the same name. I joined SL roughly 8 days ago with a friend of mine. I have a lot of fun with her, but often times she cannot log in when I am online. This has lead me to search around in SL for friends, but with very little luck. I have learned that the majority of people don't want anything to do with a "noob" .

I may have just approached the wrong people - I am willing to admit that while I have learned a great deal, there is much I do not know. So please take that with a grain of salt!

I enjoy SL, but it's no fun wandering around alone. I often go to clubs to listen to music and dance - but it's a laggy experience that somewhat lessens the enjoyment.

My interests include, but are not necessarily limited to: RP, ERP, Conversation, Music and Dancing.

I've recently purchased a stream to attempt to be a DJ, and am currently looking for a job as a DJ at an establishment that doesn't discriminate based on SL account age. I use a streaming program called Mixxx, and I understand how to use it properly. I do not yet have a microphone for DJ voicing, but I wanted to try it out and see if I really enjoyed it before spending real money on a microphone.

That being said, I am looking for friends who are of like mind - and do not mind that I am a new SL player.

I have a generally laid back personality, but I won't disclose my RP and ERP details here on a public forum for what I believe are obvious reasons. :P

If you have any questions or comments that are friendly and constructive, feel free to leave them here. Alternatively, look me up in game and IM me!

I usually play SL at night, anywhere between 7PM EST and as late as 5AM EST.

• Like 2

You can add me if i ever get back into Sl..i was trying to add the new firestorm vierer  to no avail with windows 10...i  know the people who own a club and i am the talent scout...Brazen head..is the place  look in serch and tell Thalia Pleids that i sent you...my name in sl is Kate Alice Vaughan (mrsrambo29 Resident)..have fun!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2017 at 7:06 PM, chrisinfamous said:

I've recently purchased a stream to attempt to be a DJ, and am currently looking for a job as a DJ at an establishment that doesn't discriminate based on SL account age.

Welcome to Second Life Chris.

I have to point out that those places that in your words, "discriminate based on SL account age" is due for the most part, to grievers that come and get booted and create another account to come back and continue their shenanigans. It's not against new participants in any way, but a necessary evil. Some places have a 30 day old rule, which I would bet you have encountered. When you hit the magic 31 days old, go back and you'll most likely get in. Dance clubs are particularly hit by those who like to cause grief.

It really isn't you, it's somebody else that caused this practice.

Again welcome. Good luck with your jams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

Welcome to Second Life Chris.

I have to point out that those places that in your words, "discriminate based on SL account age" is due for the most part, to grievers that come and get booted and create another account to come back and continue their shenanigans. It's not against new participants in any way, but a necessary evil. Some places have a 30 day old rule, which I would bet you have encountered. When you hit the magic 31 days old, go back and you'll most likely get in. Dance clubs are particularly hit by those who like to cause grief.

It really isn't you, it's somebody else that caused this practice.

Again welcome. Good luck with your jams.

Oh! I did not even consider that possibility. That being said, I agree that it's a good practice to uphold to keep griefers out. Thanks for explaining that to me :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.