Security Orb Problem

Ephraim Mathilde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I installed a Security Orb in my LL home on Tidepool. I gave entry permissions to my GF and each of my alts. My GF and I have no problems with entry into my LL house and I know that several intruders have been dispatched. Yesterday I tried to bring my alts into my LL house and each was was dispatched. I examined the security list and each alt had been given entry permission. I tried to reissue permissions and that did not work.  I took the orb into inventory and the alts are still being dispatched. Would restarting the sim resolve this problem?

3 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, Ephraim Mathilde said:

Would restarting the sim resolve this problem?

Probably not.  It's most likely either a script failure or (most likely) user error.  It's impossible to guess more than that without knowing anything about the orb.  I suggest getting in touch with the creator if you can't resolve this one on your own.

Be sure you used the correct names for your alts.  Most security orbs will want a legacy-type user name (but consult the directions of your particular device).  Don't use the Display Name, use the username, and if it's one that doesn't have a surname, add Resident, e.g. if your username is  Securityfreak, enter Securityfreak Resident.

When using a security orb in a tightly packed community like a Linden Homes neighborhood, be darned sure that the area of effect doesn't extend past your parcel.  Most orbs have a way of defining a bounding box for the monitored area.  Follow the procedure carefully.  If your orb is ejecting your neighbors from their homes, you can expect a visit from an angry mob with torches and pitchforks.

• Like 1

If one lagtech griefer orb, with your alts added to the white list, that is now in your inventory, hasn't stopped the auto-griefing of your alts, the most likely cause is that you accidentally rezzed TWO griefer orbs, and the other one doesn't have your alts on its white list.

Reap as you sow, those who liveth by the griefer-orb, verily shall they dieth by the griefer-orb... :) 

(Sorry the Biblical first name made me do it!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.