Places Pages Questions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just made an interim Places Page for my LEA12 installation. All went well and smoothly. 

But of course there is a "but". ^^

The slide show has places for six 852 photos but there are only places in the back end to upload three.  So??? Only three? :D

Since my page is up but not showing in search I am guessing that gets updated on Tuesday?  My LEA page (there are two instances in the back end, one mine and one original and I updated the original as it was in search and working with nothing in there) says TRUE under status so assuming that means it will show again eventually? 

Here is the page in question. 

https://places.secondlife.com/regions/48024/lea12

I do understand that places pages need have "show in search checked" according to the instructions, but this page was already IN search and I edited, so that makes this a bit confusing. 

Since this is new, there isn't much info on how this works for LEA and why there are two listings that I see of the same land. 

PS.  I am just guessing but since there were only two LEA sims showing up in Search and I the other one opened on Thursday LEA19 and supposedly sent in his info for the kiosk, I am guessing (just guessing) that the listings for LEA may have something to do with the kiosks since I sent in my info like a good girl. That may or may not be relevant but thought I would add the info. Thanks. 

Also when I went to search for LEA12  this is what showed up in the listing and I am thinking that is NOT supposed to be there. 

Thanks for any help on this.   A bit of research turned up other odd instances like this so guess it is normal -- -if not correct. :D 

597d557117439_placeshack.PNG.ba1d365fa789e56c13b9a4b22129b4dd.PNG

Edited by Chic Aeon

Pretty sure there are only three slots in the carousel. I vaguely recall getting stuck at some point with one of my pages having duplicate entries in the slideshow, and I think I ended up deleting them all and re-adding them to get it back to three, non-repeated entries.

I'm unsure where you're seeing "two instances in the back end, one mine and one original" -- is this "back end" what's listed in your "My Places" listing? I haven't seen duplicates in that listing referring to the same parcel, but I've only ever worked with parcel pages, and there's a region-level one, too, that I suspect may be causing the confusion here. I think that one will show up as long as "Region/Estate" / "Region" / "Block Land Show in Search" isn't checked (but I don't have any full Estate regions to test).

You mention "the instructions" so I suppose those are these, but that's the link just in case.

(I dunno from "kiosks" -- I assume that's something LEA-specific, and unless claimed otherwise I'd assume it has nothing to do with Place pages.)

16 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Pretty sure there are only three slots in the carousel. I vaguely recall getting stuck at some point with one of my pages having duplicate entries in the slideshow, and I think I ended up deleting them all and re-adding them to get it back to three, non-repeated entries.

I'm unsure where you're seeing "two instances in the back end, one mine and one original" -- is this "back end" what's listed in your "My Places" listing? I haven't seen duplicates in that listing referring to the same parcel, but I've only ever worked with parcel pages, and there's a region-level one, too, that I suspect may be causing the confusion here. I think that one will show up as long as "Region/Estate" / "Region" / "Block Land Show in Search" isn't checked (but I don't have any full Estate regions to test).

You mention "the instructions" so I suppose those are these, but that's the link just in case.

(I dunno from "kiosks" -- I assume that's something LEA-specific, and unless claimed otherwise I'd assume it has nothing to do with Place pages.)

Thanks. Yes, I am guessing the confusion is about the levels. I didn't see any info about that in the instructions except how to block -- and yes, your info is the link I was going by. This is likely a very specific issue since when I first went to my "My Places" area (what I mentioned as the backend) I could see -- or at least REMEMBER seeing the listing for three parcels (two are group parcels and one was my PARCEL (now that I am looking for that) for LEA12 with MY name on it. This had the "not in search" declaration and I understood that. The other was the REGION parcel and that said TRUE next to it and it did come up in search, just basically empty.  Since I edited the listing, it is gone from the search results although the page is there.

So it appears that should I want a Places Page for LEA12 I need to put the info on the PARCEL section, not the region section (which seems like it should only be editable by the region landowner but is not :D) OR I may only need to turn on search since my parcel is the whole sim, not a "lot". 

It is a very PRETTY page and the interface easy to use (except for that three picture in a six picture widget) but honestly I don't see anyone searching the places pages. With all the unrelated web stuff coming up on top it is beyond confusing (I found some other comments on this). So some gold stars for making the pages easy to edit, but some demerits for not having the pages as useful as they could be. I had heard chatter on this but didn't understand it until I made the page. And obviously, now that I pay attention, all the extra non-related search results must come from the search engine that is being used :(.   

Smarter now and hopefully this will help some other folks. I enjoyed making the page but agree with others that it isn't all that useful -- yet, anyway. I remember long, LONG ago (like eight or nine years) when you could search for "fly swatter" and get a listing of all the actual fly swatters and the EXACT location of the items (for sale or not). I used that a lot to find product. But of course the world was MUCH smaller then so that is pretty impractical now.

And the LEA kiosks are housed at LEA3 as sort of a showcase. The first two turned on (because we sent in our info right away) became the ones that showed up for the regions (two different landowner over many regions). I thought maybe the plan was that when each region was listed via the kiosks that they THEN appeared in the Places Search, but apparently that was in incorrect guess.

I do appreciate your reply!   Onward with other projects that will be more noticeable.  Meanwhile, while doing a search on the Places Pages for LEA I found a now gone page. This is a SUPER clever Oops page. so wanted to give credit to whoever thought it up. 

oopspage.jpg.8ccc5cf9b207a6c4ec8fe9f62266594f.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.