SL14B Mysterious Egg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

During the 14B activities I picked up a gift that is a cute alien avatar with an egg to either attach or rez. My question is this: Will that bouncy egg hatch? When I touch the egg it says, "The egg is not ready to hatch yet, Please be patient."

It will, eventually.

It makes HTTP requests, but not sure where to, but point is, it does.

I imagine the moles don't have the thing ready yet, but they will eventually. Keep in mind it says "Later this year", so expect it to be maybe down the road in October or November.

• 4 weeks later...

Hehe ... I got one of those silly eggs, and some of my friends did too.  Mine has started telling corny jokes recently, so I think it must be gearing up for some SL event, or maybe a gift like the Premium gifts but for Basic people too. I'm just going to keep it around and click on it every once in a while to see what happens.  If lose the egg just before it finally hatches or whatever it does,  I'm going to feel really stupid.  O.o

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Synndalicious said:

Is there any way to get an egg now if I missed it from the Bday celebration ? Seems I need one for the new game on SL

There's almost certainly no way to get an egg now, but something is about to happen.  Mine is getting antsy too.

You don't need it for the new game, though.  I was there playing it last night when they opened it for a preview, and it never asked me for the egg.

2 hours ago, Synndalicious said:

Is there any way to get an egg now if I missed it from the Bday celebration ? Seems I need one for the new game on SL

The SL14B mysterious egg is a event only item, which unless Linden Lab makes it available else where(EG: Via payments), it is not possible to obtain. However the likely hood of them making it available else where is unlikely, as it defeats the purpose of it being a SL14B egg. But there may be similar related stuff down the road, so keep an eye out.

I recommend checking out future official events, as the Moles are always full of fun surprises, and you can find some unique items there.

The best way to do this is to keep an eye on the grid MOTD(The little message you see when logging in), and the Featured News blog at:

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Synndalicious said:

The egg isn't essential for the new game & it doesn't actually give you any added advantage while playing the game, so don't worry about that.
I did hatch my egg yesterday while the new game was open for a few hours & it is really cool, but by no means essential for the game play.
I don't want to spoil the surprise for everyone though, so I'm not saying what happens when you hatch it  :D

The game is closed again today, I'm not sure why, but I expect it to open again soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.