No way to buy L$

Alexin Auer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No way to buy L$ even if I have all US$ needed. What does that mean ?  When it will be possible to pay my fees ?When it will possible to move US$ on my paypal account ? Do I have to consider my $ are lost ? Do I have to sue somebody in order to have valuable informations ?

Cheers.

4 answers to this question

The payment system for people outside of the US is having some problems lately, but I`m not too sure what exactly you are asking. What $ have you lost?

If you can`t buy $L on Lindex you can try one of the other approved exchanges http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/L$_Marketplace

If you have lost some money somewhere, call the LL billing number (the call is free)

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

I am in the UK and get this:

LindeX™ Exchange: Payment Cancelled

We are unable to complete your request.

Your payment was cancelled.

Try Again 

I rang LL after an unsatisfying Live Chat conversation and had to email a screenshot to Billing as they can't fix it. They say they will update me in 72 hours which is a disgrace.

In 4 years I've never had this carp.  They made me feel like I'm a tard and it is something I've done.  My tier and annual premium fees go out end of the month/early May.  I assume this will fail too if they don't get a grip on their virtual reality. 

Edit: I tried it on Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox and on 2 different accounts with differing payment info, in-world & out-world

If you have valid payment method on file, they will try to charge that if there is no $US credit on your account, so its their own fault if they can`t charge it...Let them try to make their broken system work.

The only other option if they don`t fix it in time is to use one of the other approved exchanges to buy Lindens and then sell them on Lindez to get the credit onto your account in $US, buy why should you have to do that??

I hope you get a good answer in 72 hours...Please post it on the forums as there are MANY people with this same problem. :)

Alexin Auer wrote:

Do I have to sue somebody in order to have valuable informations ?

& @ Josephina:

LL Have said they're changing the billing system and that existing premium members won't be penalised (ie; put on hold/banned0 during what they know are their problems.  If you are outside the USA, however, then the current plans look 'limited', to say the least.

Yes - you'd probably have to sue.  No, you don't have much chance of success because the TOS that we all signed-up to says LL can do whatever they like, more or less, including withdrawing the service (SL itself)

NB: This is a residents' forum. not a means of communicating with LL.  Write them a letter - it'll help their postman's fitness regime :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.