Lost items after trying to rez

DahliaMelanite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to decorate the house i rented but when ever I try to rez zomething it says the object can't be rezzed and then i completely lose the item! I've lost like 3 gatcha items now and nothing I've tried is working and I'm really getting upset. Is there anyway i could get these items back or are they just gone forever and I just lost a bunch of money? any help would be appreciated. I heard i should try to clear my cache but i want to see if i have any more options before it comes to that.

6 answers to this question

No, clearing your cache isn't a good idea.  It won;t help, and it will slow down things for a little while until your computer downloads everything all over again to rebuild your cache.

You've run into a common problem with rezzing no-copy items.  If there is a good reason why they cannot be rezzed on the parcel (for example, you are too close to the parcel's L.I. allowance, the object is trying to rez too close to the parcel boundary, you're trying to rez on a mesh surface with an ill-defined physics shape .... ), the servers will refuse.  Normally, the default is either to leave the objects right where they are in inventory or move them to your Lost & Found folder.  If the rez was in progress before the servers decided that they couldn't complete it, the default is sometimes to send the objects to the SW corner ( <,0,0,0> ) of the region.  For no-copy items, the servers will often simply hold onto the objects for a day or so, or at least until you log back in the next time.  The solution is therefore to wait.  If they have not returned to Lost & Found in a day or so, submit a support case.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

I was helping someone with this the other day. It CAN be that there is a temporary issue (it was for her and she had lost of one of a kind (not even a gacha) breedable so was happy when it indeed came back the next day as I suggested it might. 

There can also be house issues but you probably know if this happens often or just now and then.

There WERE some MAJOR rezzing and inventory issues earlier in the week so that could be part of your current issue as some folks are still having trouble. 

For goodness sakes, don't try rezzing MORE when things aren't working -- no copy items anyway. One trick that sometimes works is not to rez but to ATTACH whatever it is (even a house will work) to see if it will rez. If it does, then you have a much better chance of the item rezzing when dragged to ground. That would NOT have helped this week though as attachments weren't working at all.

Best really to just wait and hope those things come back tomorrow (or soon but usually a half day or day does it). 

I have lost my Kitty quite a few times, panicked and she came back the next day as happy as always.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

This issue with invemtory items disappearing after an attempt to rez onto a mesh object (such as a floor of a house etc) is still prevalent and something I still have to hand hold my customers through. Does anybody have the bug reference or a pointer to more recent information that I can refer to? 

1 hour ago, BarriBouvier said:

This issue with invemtory items disappearing after an attempt to rez onto a mesh object (such as a floor of a house etc) is still prevalent and something I still have to hand hold my customers through. Does anybody have the bug reference or a pointer to more recent information that I can refer to? 

It will be prevalent until house builders learn (or use if they actually know and are just lazy) an accurate physics model.  IF you are a landlord that has rental houses, then the best thing to do in my mind would be to ONLY use houses that have good physics where you can rez items with no issues.  The work around to that is to rez a prim (sometimes out on the lawn is necessary) and then drag that into the house and make a "carpet" or turn it transparent and have that as the surface that people rez on. If it is an odd shaped house or two stories you may need a few prims to act as "floors".  Good luck.

• Like 1

If you lose a (no copy) item upon a failed rezzing simply relog and it'll be back in inv. Secondly NEVER rez onto mesh - the results can be unpredictable. Create a good old fashioned prim and rez onto that.

Edited by rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.