VanessaVoltaire

I can not wear certain items.

Question

Hello there,

I got teleported to an extremely laggy area and had to relog because nothing would rez. It took me several minutes to get back into Second Life. When I got back in, I found that certain items (one of my boots, a shirt, and gloves I was wearing will not work. Everything else works just fine. It just seems to be these specific items. Anyone know what happened here?

Edited by VanessaVoltaire

I have had a lot of inventory problems today. Thank you Lillith for pointing this out. I didn't connect the dots. 

Yes, me too. Lots of clothes not available and ended up in a bikini for awhile. Mesh body loaded so naked instead of a cloud :D.   Waiting a bit solved the issue. 

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Mesh body loaded so naked instead of a cloud

That is the embarrassing dream we have all had since our pre-teen years.  You find yourself wandering around in some large pubic place in your underwear (or less), and you've apparently been there for long enough that everyone else has noticed but you are still oblivious.  SL has a perverse way of flashing that particular dream on viewer screens in real time, so everyone else really can see you in all your glory.  The thing that saves me from debilitating psychological trauma is that I'm a lot more attractive in SL than I am in RL -- and none of you know who I am anyway.  :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That is the embarrassing dream we have all had since our pre-teen years.  You find yourself wandering around in some large pubic place in your underwear (or less), and you've apparently been there for long enough that everyone else has noticed but you are still oblivious.  SL has a perverse way of flashing that particular dream on viewer screens in real time, so everyone else really can see you in all your glory.  The thing that saves me from debilitating psychological trauma is that I'm a lot more attractive in SL than I am in RL -- and none of you know who I am anyway.  :)

I grew up in a household where nudity was no big deal. We didn't do it publicly, of course. I don't think I've ever had that dream. I did change SL clothing under a barge in a canal until I got the hang of it, but I'd not have been mortified to end up accidentally naked in a hair store, as happened to me on day two here. I thought that was amusing.

There is a dream I had during my college years, of hitting exam week and suddenly remembering I'd forgot to attend of of my classes because I couldn't find the classroom on the first day of the semester. I have surveyed friends about this and have yet to find one who hasn't had a dream like that. I'll now start surveying them about the dream you mentioned.

As for attractiveness, I expect I'd find your RL self just as attractive as your SL self. Some things are hard to hide.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

There is a dream I had during my college years, of hitting exam week and suddenly remembering I'd forgot to attend of of my classes because I couldn't find the classroom on the first day of the semester. I have surveyed friends about this and have yet to find one who hasn't had a dream like that. I'll now start surveying them about the dream you mentioned.

Oh, I think that's another universal dream.  Professors have an extreme version:  We realize that it's final exam week and we have either (1) forgotten to write the exam, (2) forgotten where or when it's supposed to be given, or (3) forgotten that we were supposed to have been teaching that class all semester.  I haven't taught since the mid-1990s, and I still wake up in a cold sweat from one of those dreams.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I made the mistake of turning off the confirmation for teleporting by double clicking a landmark in inventory.  As I was changing clothes at home, and was totally naked, rather than double clicking an item to add, I double clicked the LM and promptly teleported to Truth during one of his huge sales.  Luckily, I think everyone was rezzing so slowly that nobody saw me nake before I hit the Home button to TP back.

I did something like that 3-4 times before I turned that confirmation back on.

You find yourself wandering around in some large pubic place in your underwear (or less)

A large pubic place? :o

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, angeoco said:

How did I miss that?! How apropos.

My ex-hubby started his career in the public finance department of a large bank. In a particularly enjoyable annual release of the printed company directory, his department was listed as "Pubic Finance". I suggested he update his business cards to match, but he demurred. We did at least have a few dinner conversations over which we imagined what such a department might finance.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, angeoco said:

Yeah, I get the "L" out of there.

I will never get the prize for typing accuracy.  :/

Oh, I think that's another universal dream.  Professors have an extreme version:  We realize that it's final exam week and we have either (1) forgotten to write the exam, (2) forgotten where or when it's supposed to be given, or (3) forgotten that we were supposed to have been teaching that class all semester.  I haven't taught since the mid-1990s, and I still wake up in a cold sweat from one of those dreams.

I was a public school teacher, and had the Forgot I Had a Class dream for several years after I quit teaching. I always had mixed feelings about that, not unlike the feelings I had about teaching. 

I'm having the same issue, still, even after scheduled maintenance was "completed".  I'm hoping things will get back to normal soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SarahAzera said:

I'm hoping things will get back to normal soon.

They probably will.  If you can't get them to work even after you relog to a quiet region like Smith or Pooley, I suggest crossing your fingers and waiting for tomorrow.

/me sings .... "The sun'll come up, tomorrrrowwww...."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

They probably will.  If you can't get them to work even after you relog to a quiet region like Smith or Pooley, I suggest crossing your fingers and waiting for tomorrow.

/me sings .... "The sun'll come up, tomorrrrowwww...."

Yup, even logging into a low pop region the problem persists.  Oh well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Surely some academic must have studied this. I can't think of any other kind of dream that's as universal and contains the same elements in everyone's description. Yes, there's the running in slow motion while being chased by a predator, but that doesn't compare to the many common elements of the exam nightmare. There's something to this.

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

IF I, the typist looked as good as Chic, I would have no worries at all :SwingingFriends::SwingingFriends:

I have had a lot of problems today performing the magic illusion show I have in sl. Props didn't work; my assistant had an elongated  neck, some touch mechanisms refused to work.....  it's good to know there were universal problems and it's not just me. Shows are usually fine, mechanically, so this was getting a little worrying in case of script errors or something.

I had an issue with trying to teleport to an area, and suddenly my worn huds were giving me script errors, my avatar turned into a cloud, and errors kept popping up "cannot find inventory item" over and over and over again. On relog, same problem, so I rebooted my computer. On reboot everything went back to normal, EXCEPT...I just noticed that ALL of my saved landmarks and favorites are GONE! I started digging into my inventory...anything NOT worn is also GONE. this includes folders and subfolders!  What is going on? I've never had this happen before! I'm beyond worried, wondering what happened and how to fix it.

8 minutes ago, Remmingtyn said:

I had an issue with trying to teleport to an area, and suddenly my worn huds were giving me script errors, my avatar turned into a cloud, and errors kept popping up "cannot find inventory item" over and over and over again. On relog, same problem, so I rebooted my computer. On reboot everything went back to normal, EXCEPT...I just noticed that ALL of my saved landmarks and favorites are GONE! I started digging into my inventory...anything NOT worn is also GONE. this includes folders and subfolders!  What is going on? I've never had this happen before! I'm beyond worried, wondering what happened and how to fix it.

This post gives a bit of insight:

8 minutes ago, Remmingtyn said:

Read the several posts above yours.  Temporary asset retrieval issues all related to today's scheduled maintenance.

Having a similar issue where my mesh body parts/clothing are missing and won't attach. Right eye, right hand, feet, hair, and shoes all not loading in -- looking somewhat like a disconfigured doll. Cannot detach or re-attach items. No issues with logging in, inventory, or teleport so far from what I can tell. Reset modem and router with no effect, hope this can be sorted out soon.

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Surely some academic must have studied this. I can't think of any other kind of dream that's as universal and contains the same elements in everyone's description. Yes, there's the running in slow motion while being chased by a predator, but that doesn't compare to the many common elements of the exam nightmare. There's something to this.

Zis is vot herr doktor Jung calls ze "Zeitgeist", nicht wahr?