kurt28

Ladies - what do you think about sex in SL?

3 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:
19 minutes ago, carolinestravels said:

nor a Schwarzenegger macho style avatar.

What if I think that's sexy? Is that bad? :(

I agree.  Not my taste but we are all allowed to be different, have different tastes and find different things attractive.

7 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I agree.  Not my taste but we are all allowed to be different, have different tastes and find different things attractive.

I totally agree.

However: This type of avatars was used and overused that much, that many if not most females got kinda tired of them. Hence using it would substantially decrease his chances to getting laid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chardonay Babii said:

I think it is somewhere between the shopping and dance sims. Well so I heard..

Based on what I've seen it doesn't happen just between those sims..

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

5 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

"We are just testing the animations. Yes, of course we have to do that naked."

• Like 1

Just now, Syo Emerald said:

"We are just testing the animations. Yes, of course we have to do that naked."

every single day in my store ?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

every single day in my store ?  

Well, naked is the only way to know for sure if all the bits are properly lining up............ or so I was once told.  :D

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, naked is the only way to know for sure if all the bits are properly lining up............ or so I was once told.  :D

The size of some of those bits, they are never going to line up properly with anything other than a large tunnel

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The size of some of those bits, they are never going to line up properly with anything other than a large tunnel

I was truly horrified when I first came to SL and saw that.  I think, in some ways, it scarred me for life.   xD :D

• Haha 3

On 9/21/2018 at 11:53 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Lol now you might have to confess to what you have seen.

Can I share my view as a newcomer (no pun intended :P)?

To be super honest: I just started on SL- roughly a week - and my main and only interest/curiosity was sex and how it would work. Up to now, average experience.

As someone said, we need to have a sexy-cute-polished char, not a default one. Someone (I don't even know who was, but thank you anyway) gave me nice skins on my first day (Curio) and it kind of "upgraded" me. Anyway, "I" still weird in "some" positions, but not sure if it's an issue with my skin or my shape. Good quality skins are expensive, and I'm not willing to spend real money at the moment - tried to create custom tattoos yesterday and well, impossible since uploads have a cost... Let's say I'm in "trial stage" by now.

The sex per se is quite satisfatory. Sometimes laughable (huge "parts", glitches, etc), sometimes VERY entertaining, depending on place/animations, and partner(s). I'm not really into voice chatting, makes the thing sound... silly? Don't ask me why, but text and chars animations are much better.

• Like 1

It can. be fun, at least from a role-play standpoint. As someone who is sex-repulsed asexual, Second Life actually lets me explore the fantasy of sexual stuff without feeling the discomfort of anything involving IRL. It's just pixels doing stuff on a screen. I love the role-play aspect more than anything though particularly if a partner is good and can do more than just the stale "You feel so good...," stuff. 

On 9/30/2018 at 8:51 PM, angelikiinha said:

I'm not really into voice chatting, makes the thing sound... silly? Don't ask me why, but text and chars animations are much better.

IKR!  And every time my boyfriend makes me do voice during sex it ruins it for both of us.  And he keeps wanting to do it!   

• Like 1

I did not join SL for a boyfriend or sex.  I WANT to be single after a very lonnnnnnnnnnnnng relationship ended in RL.  I enjoy just doing what the hell I want, whenever I want, and not having to answer to anyone.  I am enjoying this time being single and don't want to change and have a relationship.

I have been asked if I will engage in practice sex with an avatar.  I wasn't sure what "practice sex" was?  lol  But, I tell avi's the truth when they ask me, that I am not interested and why.

Just looking for friends.  They all seem to understand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I have been asked if I will engage in practice sex with an avatar.  I wasn't sure what "practice sex" was? 

Just somebody's way of trying to get around your 'no sex' statement.   B|

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just somebody's way of trying to get around your 'no sex' statement.   B|

Ah...trying to be funny.

Oh well, no biggie.  

Just have a great SL however the same or different we all are.

Well,  surprise, surprise...after I write I am not interested in sex or a relationship...a SL relationship started for me.  We are in the "cuddle" stage with long talks and we have a great time together.  The sex has not happened yet.

But, I came to this thread to talk about the creating limitations of creator's for couples.  

Even with the couple animations, I came to realize me and my partner will have to make some avatar adjustments just to dance without my arm going through his for example.

We ourselves are adjusting our avatars and now we can hug, again without my arm going thru his.  I widened my shoulders, he reduced his shoulders.

With an infinite number of sizes of avatars, creator's are limited.  Creator's have made a median range and then added ADJUST.  The x, y, z is a pain and a half!  One thing easier is to right click on your avatar and select APPEARANCE and then HOVER HEIGHT and move the hover height slider to the right or left to adjust your avatar up or down.  Takes a matter of seconds!  Works for some things but not all.  Other adjustments still need to be made to "fit two avatars", avatars of which can be an endless myriad of sizes.  

One thing that could be considered is for SL to add couple avatars you can choose at the beginning that have a "matched" shape, or a creator could create couple shapes.  

Just an idea about having couple shape starter avatars and/or a creator perhaps creating couple shapes that I wanted to share, as well as other issues "coupling" faces as far as fit to the animation and how creator's are limited.  It's best to keep an open mind that the couple may need to adjust their avatars a bit too.    

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Well,  surprise, surprise...after I write I am not interested in sex or a relationship...a SL relationship started for me.  We are in the "cuddle" stage with long talks and we have a great time together.  The sex has not happened yet.

But, I came to this thread to talk about the creating limitations of creator's for couples.  

Even with the couple animations, I came to realize me and my partner will have to make some avatar adjustments just to dance without my arm going through his for example.

We ourselves are adjusting our avatars and now we can hug, again without my arm going thru his.  I widened my shoulders, he reduced his shoulders.

With an infinite number of sizes of avatars, creator's are limited.  Creator's have made a median range and then added ADJUST.  The x, y, z is a pain and a half!  One thing easier is to right click on your avatar and select APPEARANCE and then HOVER HEIGHT and move the hover height slider to the right or left to adjust your avatar up or down.  Takes a matter of seconds!  Works for some things but not all.  Other adjustments still need to be made to "fit two avatars", avatars of which can be an endless myriad of sizes.  

One thing that could be considered is for SL to add couple avatars you can choose at the beginning that have a "matched" shape, or a creator could create couple shapes.  

Just an idea about having couple shape starter avatars and/or a creator perhaps creating couple shapes that I wanted to share, as well as other issues "coupling" faces as far as fit to the animation and how creator's are limited.  It's best to keep an open mind that the couple may need to adjust their avatars a bit too.    

Way to attach rockets to the bottom of the train and hit the lever. Congrats on the relationship though! But no, even if you've created "matching shapes" according to one pose/animation... The next one will probably still clip.

If you accept it's a video game (just a phrase, nobody start), you can unleash your creativity and start pulling individual animations from your fun-bed and start mixing and matching yourself. Or just get creative with the adjusting and you can totally change the concept of what's happening. It definitely adds a little spice on those 4-10 year old animations you see reused on 97% of furniture. You'll save money too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Way to attach rockets to the bottom of the train and hit the lever. Congrats on the relationship though! But no, even if you've created "matching shapes" according to one pose/animation... The next one will probably still clip.

If you accept it's a video game (just a phrase, nobody start), you can unleash your creativity and start pulling individual animations from your fun-bed and start mixing and matching yourself. Or just get creative with the adjusting and you can totally change the concept of what's happening. It definitely adds a little spice on those 4-10 year old animations you see reused on 97% of furniture. You'll save money too!

eyerolll.gif

:P 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

If LL would finally adopt modular IK override capability for existing mod animations, you could make almost any couples animations work together regardless of body shape differences.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2018 at 4:09 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

If LL would finally adopt modular IK override capability for existing mod animations, you could make almost any couples animations work together regardless of body shape differences.

An RLV function which asks the viewer to send back the avatar's skeleton dimensions and the bounding box size for each limb would help. RLV just because it has a path to ask the viewer for info. Send back the info in JSON, and let sitters and such process it to get things lined up. We could have chairs that Just Worked. And it can be done without LL involvement.

3 hours ago, animats said:

An RLV function which asks the viewer to send back the avatar's skeleton dimensions and the bounding box size for each limb would help. RLV just because it has a path to ask the viewer for info. Send back the info in JSON, and let sitters and such process it to get things lined up. We could have chairs that Just Worked. And it can be done without LL involvement.

When you get into "shared experience" territory, LL has stated tpv's cannot implement features that their users will render differently from the rest of the userbase.

This has to be a feature implemented by the LL.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:11 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was truly horrified when I first came to SL and saw that.  I think, in some ways, it scarred me for life.   xD :D

I agree... for me just like rl, SL sex depends upon the person. I’ve had very romantic, heart pounding “real” sexual emotions through a connection with male & female avatars. I’ve had several partnerships as well... when they broke up or dissolved in SL I was bummed and like rl it effected me emotionally. Now, the flip side for me are aggressive, immature people. Usually from noob men... when it’s all about sex and guys who come at me like that in SL (or RL) they literally have zero chance. At least in SL I can tp home in a second...and get the hell out of there! 

I think I was courious about virtual sex at the beginning and experimented, but as time rolled onwards, I became way more interested in friendships, events, shopping, dancing, photo shoots, and .... hummm sometimes sex, as long as it was with the right person, male or female. 

I wish rl was also this open, accepting and you could tp out of a bad date... poof!

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

When you get into "shared experience" territory, LL has stated tpv's cannot implement features that their users will render differently from the rest of the userbase.

This has to be a feature implemented by the LL.

Any chance LL will implement the "features" spoken about in this thread?...i.e. this one especially by Lucia Nightfire written above:  

"If LL would finally adopt modular IK override capability for existing mod animations, you could make almost any couples animations work together regardless of body shape differences."

I think LL needs to realize they have customers here...Maitreya group is 100,000 members, and that's a lot for anything internet!  So, there are a lot of people here and LL must know they have customers here (just look at the size of the Maitreya group for an example)...so why doesn't LL improve it with the features spoken about in this thread? 

Signed,

Baffled 

Edited by FairreLilette

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Any chance LL will implement the "features" spoken about in this thread?...i.e. this one especially by Lucia Nightfire written above:  

"If LL would finally adopt modular IK override capability for existing mod animations, you could make almost any couples animations work together regardless of body shape differences."

I think LL needs to realize they have customers here...Maitreya group is 100,000 members, and that's a lot for anything internet!  So, there are a lot of people here and LL must know they have customers here (just look at the size of the Maitreya group for an example)...so why doesn't LL improve it with the features spoken about in this thread? 

Signed,

Baffled 

TLDR: Because things are complicated.

Take a look at the Black Dragon Viewer. It has a fully featured inworld avatar poser with full bento support and the ability to save poses and create animations. (No exporting though, on purpose.) It was almost created for your purpose exactly.

The dev has been trying to make the viewer able to sync the adjusted poses to other (Black Dragon) viewers, even working with Lindens to make it work, but nothing so far.

https://niranv-sl.blogspot.com/2018/06/black-dragon-64x-update-316-selective.html?m=1&zx=dde2cf3b45effba8