Merfolk flashmob anyone?

Ivanova Shostakovich
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few days ago I blabbled about the idea of groups of mer gathering together in random places, and swimming together to other random places. It sounded like a fun way to perhaps add some mystery to SL for other residents who might witness such an event. It also occurred to me that a group could help facilitate an occasional such gathering. So I made one.

If this interests you and you think you'd like to be a part of it, or if you have questions, comment here, or PM me, or contact me in-world. I'm flexible. 

1 hour ago, Karluin MacMoragh said:

Is this still a thing gonna happen? I'm in! Where? When?

I haven't scheduled a course yet. I'm waiting for a few more people to show an interest. But I'll send you an invitation. I'll send out a group notice when membership is a bit stronger and I've chosen a route for the first course. Thank you for replying. :)

55 minutes ago, Brennalin said:

I'm interested!  I might be able to talk two more into it, too. :)

mermaid brenna.png

Ok! Awesome! I'll send you an invitation right away. It will be some time before I get a route ready, I hope to hold one next week, and I intend to supply region names and a reference map for each course. I also haven't settled on an event frequency, but I'm thinking of having different weekdays and start times, in an attempt to include a variety of time zone groups. I look forward to feedback and opinions from group members.

I've just sent a group notice, updating the status of this group. I've actually never composed a group notice of any kind and I was surprised at the character limit. I'm thinking that an evening next week, SLT, and most definitely not on a rolling restart day, will work best for me as a first event day.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, Karluin MacMoragh said:

Aaah! Baby got sick and I missed it! Please, please invite me to the next one!

Karluin, the group, A Momentary Shimmer, is now open to join, if you wish. I will be sending notices of plans for the next course in both that group, and in Safe Waters Foundation.

I'm still on vacation. But early next week I'll begin planning the next course, with the intention of perhaps holding it Saturday, August 26. I'll ask for feedback from the group(s) as to a time that may work best for as many as wish to be involved as possible.

I hope Baby is feeling much better. *hugs*

Archived