Question re Purchase

JenniferAnneSL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had bought a Maitreya Body in late April.  As I look at the package, there is not a Maireya applier. I think 4.1 is supposed to have it.  I never noticed it before, because I had a Liala Shape and a Jewell skin.  with a Maitreya applier that I bought separately. Unfortunately I cannot find where I got the body so I can get a re-delivery. So 2 questions.  One should a Maitrya applier come in the package. And 2 if so, how do I get it or do  need to buy again? Thanks! 

Edited by JenniferAnneSL

The body doesn't come with appliers. There are built in skins from Glam Affair (which are quite nice).

You will need to purchase appliers from other creators, for both body and head. Nearly all creators sell the body appliers separately from those that are for the face, with makeup. 

Not sure why you say you can't find the Maitreya sim. It's easily located in search. The re-delivery is located at the main desk area, if I remember correctly.

• Like 3

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya Isle/131/136/23

The sim is rated Moderate so be sure you to set your preferences to enable mature content.

Go through the doors (either side but left is best) and go to the back wall.  There you will see a service desk.  There is a sign on both ends of that counter that say "Redelivery Terminal."

I'll send you a LM in world too. :)

While you are in the store, on the wall between the service counter and the Lara body display are two small signs.  Click the lower of the two to join the Friends of Maitreya Lara group.  It is an invaluable resource to find help with using this body including how to get other creator's products (like skins, heads, alternate hands or feet, etc) to work with Maitreya.

• Like 1

Appliers are provided by creators of skins, clothes, etc., to suit either Maitreya directly, or to suit the Omega system which is compatible with Maitreya. You will probably want the option to use Omega appliers, and for that you need to buy the Omega kit for Maitreya, which can be got either inworld (where I think it's cheaper): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Omega Solutions/149/147/1015 or in the Marketplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Maitreya/6709966

• Like 1

Thanks for your help.  As I said, I knew about the Maitreya appliers for the skin I got, and I purchase that.  However, for some reason I thought there was a general applier as well that allowed me to use the alpha HUD for the 3 layer categories.  It sounds like you are saying that unless the item I bought has a "Maitreya' applier with it (even though it says it is Maitreya compatible, I cannot use the layering, unless I also have an omega applier.  Is that correct? Thanks again! 

• Like 1

There are different appliers. Skin appliers use the body skin layer only. But you probably already know this. It may interest you to know that the skin layer is permanently set to ignore the alpha channel of any texture you apply.

A clothing applier will usually ask you to which layer you wish to add the article you click. And I guess tattoo appliers will add to the tattoo layer only.

The only layer management the main hud does is toggling or clearing the different layers, including socks. 

18 minutes ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

Thanks for your help.  As I said, I knew about the Maitreya appliers for the skin I got, and I purchase that.  However, for some reason I thought there was a general applier as well that allowed me to use the alpha HUD for the 3 layer categories.  It sounds like you are saying that unless the item I bought has a "Maitreya' applier with it (even though it says it is Maitreya compatible, I cannot use the layering, unless I also have an omega applier.  Is that correct? Thanks again! 

Any applier skin/clothing that you want to use with Maitreya must include either a Maitreya applier or an Omega applier. If you want to use Omega appliers then you need to also have the Omega kit for Maitreya.

To apply a Maitreya applier, open the applier and click the appropriate layer on the menu. For an Omega applier you also need to have the Omega kit HUD displayed. Once the item has been applied it is permanently on the body until you clear or hide it via the Maitreya HUD.

2 hours ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

The HUD does not need an applier. It attach by default to left upper corner. Click on it to open, choose layers or alpha. I recommend you to read this tutorial. http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-reviews/womens-bodies/maitreya-lara/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.