KingRebelo

Logging in Issues - Please Help!!

Question

I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm really at my wits end with this, and wanted to know if anyone here could help.

New player, trying to login, however every time I attempt to, I get the login bar say 'Logging in...' and doesn't progress at all, until I get an error message a few minutes later. I've used a different viewer, uninstalled, reinstalled, reset computer, cleared caches and messed with firewalls. Nothing has proven useful.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks <3

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, KingRebelo said:

until I get an error message a few minutes later

what is the error message?

• Like 2

When you ask any tech question use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to collect the information we need. Paste it into you post.

You can look in the SecondLife.log file to see what the error message is. C:\User[Win_Login_ID]\Appdata\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\...

This problem is almost always a connection issue. Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers.

See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I wasn't getting an error message at all. The bar simply wouldn't load. HOWEVER! I saw one little post on an old, old forum that suggested using command prompt to flush my dns. I need to do it every time I log in, but it seems to be working so far.

Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 2