Robotic Voice/Morph

XxDeathLordJasonxX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No its not Windows 10 before Whirly Fizzle spams the same solution that they have 20x over. That solution is not instantly the fix for everyone's problem and no I don't mean offense just stating it..[Saying this due to every post even remotely having the issue has that in it.]

I've tried Firestorm/LL viewer and my voice is distorted beyond repair, I've tried everything in google search. It works fine in TS/Skype but not in SL. I am running windows 8.1 and no it wasn't a issue before.

Edited by XxDeathLordJasonxX

4 answers to this question

I think you are doing Whirly a disservice.  She's ENORMOUSLY competent with Firestorm and, in fact, with the inner workings of the Linden Lab viewer as well.  She hunts down and slays software bugs as a friggin' hobby.  If you feel she's providing the same stock answer...well, it's because that is the efficient way to address a problem that affects a lot of people.  There's always a small minority who have a different problem that will require more investigation, but we can't know that until you've worked through the Usual Suspects.

Your thread title is "Robotic Voice/Morph", but you seem to be complaining about unwanted audio distortion.  These are actually two different things, perhaps you can add information to clarify your problem.  You see, there actually IS a "robotic voice morph" available in SL...it's a "voice changer" package and people use it to deliberately make their voice sound like a robot.  If you have installed and enabled that, maybe that's your problem?

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 4

You haven't provided enough information for us to do more than make wild guesses. Use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... copy that info and include it with any technical question.

As Lindal points out, your question is also ambiguous. You need to be very specific about the problem and what you have tried to fix it.

If you have worked through Whirly's suggestions in other posts, tell us what you have done. Whirly helps lots of people. So, we have no idea which suggestions you are talking about. 

Whirly is a phenomenon. She is well known and respected by the Lindens and those of us that are into the tech side of Second Life. There is no better person to make suggestions or know the cause of a problem. She works with viewer developers to track down bugs. She is awesome at figuring out how to reproduce a bug... that isn't a breeding thing. Reproduction is crucial for the Lindens to find a fix.

Hope you didn't piss her off. She may be the only one that knows the solution to your problem. If she is pissed she may just stay quiet and let you stew... I would.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.