Rezzing Large Constructs -Deleting other prims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, this is my first post to the SL forums, HI THERE!

Just a quick question, when on a simulator, if you rez an object with around 1000 prims, and you go over your prim limit.  Does the simulator return other objects in order to make room for the new prims rezzed?

I'm curious because recently our sim owner tried to rezz out a large construct, and as the object had caused an excess of prims on the simulator, other prims had been returned to their respective owners. 

Overall, shouldn't SL give a warning that items would be returned if the object was taking them over the limit, and was taking priority?  It would be an awesome safety prompt for sim owners if they could program this into the client.  Less accidents = Happy Residents. 

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate some advice on the matter, as it's a subject of much heated debate amongst our group members. 

Hoping everyone is well, 

Creepy Triangle

(Resident Dragon). ;-D

Edited by Creepy Triangle

32 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you try to rezz something that is more prims/Li than you have available a nice little warning will come up telling you that such and such item can't be rezzed at such and such a location because the parcel is too full

Hence, unless something was VERY wrong and not the way it usually works, the OP was given --- well let's say an incorrect reason why those prims came back. ^^

A piece of land will ONLY hold what the land tab says it will hold. The owner may have returned items SO that he could rez the OMG 1000 prim construct, but I doubt seriously that had anything to do with the server. 

On 25.7.2017 at 3:20 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Hence, unless something was VERY wrong and not the way it usually works, the OP was given --- well let's say an incorrect reason why those prims came back.

And of course, nothing ever goes wrong in Second Life. ^_^

On 7/25/2017 at 6:59 AM, Creepy Triangle said:

Hi there, this is my first post to the SL forums, HI THERE!

Just a quick question, when on a simulator, if you rez an object with around 1000 prims, and you go over your prim limit.  Does the simulator return other objects in order to make room for the new prims rezzed?

I'm curious because recently our sim owner tried to rezz out a large construct, and as the object had caused an excess of prims on the simulator, other prims had been returned to their respective owners. 

Overall, shouldn't SL give a warning that items would be returned if the object was taking them over the limit, and was taking priority?  It would be an awesome safety prompt for sim owners if they could program this into the client.  Less accidents = Happy Residents. 

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate some advice on the matter, as it's a subject of much heated debate amongst our group members. 

Hoping everyone is well, 

Creepy Triangle

(Resident Dragon). ;-D

Of you try and rez it no, the simulator says that there are no prims left and fails it gracefully.

HOWEVER.... if it's rezzed and you change the size so the LI jumps to many thousand, or maybe it's a huge bunch of linked sculpties (like heart forests) and you link on a single mesh rock, expect most of your sim to be returned.

15 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Of you try and rez it no, the simulator says that there are no prims left and fails it gracefully.

HOWEVER.... if it's rezzed and you change the size so the LI jumps to many thousand, or maybe it's a huge bunch of linked sculpties (like heart forests) and you link on a single mesh rock, expect most of your sim to be returned.

Good point. I remember a LOT of that happening when we had that "turn things to convex hull and get a land bonus" thing as new. A friend of mine turned some sculpts to convex hull and much of her sim disappeared into lost and found. So THAT could have been the issue and not rezzing.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.