How Do You Make A Raft Float Down River?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been hunting forever it feels like and I am having the hardest time making rafts or any watercraft flow down stream.  Any Help in a direction to look for a solution would be most welcome. I am working with non SL water... so prim water if that helps.

Rivers do not flow in SL.  If they look like they are flowing, it's because someone put an animated texture on the surface.  So, if you want a boat to move, you can't depend on the water to push it.  You need to make the boat physical and write a script that will set its llHoverHeight properly so that it stays on top of the water and gives the boat a gentle shove in a general direction that you define as "downstream".  It's not quite as simple as that, because you have to consider what happens when the boat is not on Linden water, or when it bumps into something, or reaches the edge of the region, or takes a passenger, ..... You may get lucky and find a generic raft script that you can adapt for yours.  If not, and if you are an adept LSL scripter, start with the Linden Vehicle tutorial and have fun experimenting.

Edited by Rolig Loon

I have rafting tubes on the region which start floating down a prim river first, and then moving around the whole region. I made these with waypoints, and llMoveToTarget. (llKeyframedMotion wasn't implemented at the time I made the tubes.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.