have I lost every thing?

Monnsshadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Have your friend follow the instructions located here: 

If she gets a password reset email, she must do 1 of the 3 options given:
  Answer the secret question
  Finish filling in the names of 3 Friends
  Give the $ amount of the last LL charge to the payment method

If all else fails, file a support ticket:  https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

You KNOW -- I have been wanting to comment on this subject for awhile === and to the original poster, it IS possible that your friend's account was hacked. Hopefully a support ticket will get it back for here IF they are able to do that or get a friend to do it for them (see below).

MEANWHILE, the other day I was trying to log in my alt.  While I knew the password (not used often as Firestorm remembers) I couldn't get through. It turns out I was spelling the name wrong (well DUH!).

MEANWHILE I went through the 'reset your password' thing for the first time.

OK. I knew the answer to the secret question whatever it was. I did fill in names of three friends simply because she could log into Firestorm still and look them up as some were folks that she was polite to and accepted a friends request and never EVER talked to again (THAT in itself was a bad plan - keeping  them in the list). 

And then comes the last question about paying of Linden lab. They will not accept 0 it seems. They would also not accept $72 for an annual membership. And she has never ever had any other payments. 

OOPS!

I realize that there needs to be some safeguards but how many people know all the folks in their friends list? (I went back and cleaned mine out after this). And if the person can't log into an account, how to they send in a support ticket?   Very messy. I realize there are work-arounds but I hope I never actually get caught out in the cold with this and feel sorry for the folks that do. 

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have your friend follow the instructions located here: 

If she gets a password reset email, she must do 1 of the 3 options given:
  Answer the secret question
  Finish filling in the names of 3 Friends
  Give the $ amount of the last LL charge to the payment method

If all else fails, file a support ticket:  https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Note that was not true in my recent case where you had to answer ALL of those three things, not ONE. 

Just saying.  :D. See previous post. 

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that was not true in my recent case where you had to answer ALL of those three things, not ONE. 

Just saying.  :D. See previous post. 

Yikes - I've had the email sent many times (without actually following through on it) to verify the steps before answering here in the forums and for me it has always been that I only needed to do 1 of 3.  It is so consistent that I figured it was that way for everyone.

I wonder what exactly is the criteria for LL determining which questions need to be answered.  I always thought the question about the Friends was a really bad option because a vast many of us have people on our Friends list that we may not remeber their full names or possibly the spellilng of such, since so many spell their names just a bit off of what would be considered normal spelling - or worse, they have numbers at the end that only make sense to them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling correction

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And if the person can't log into an account, how to they send in a support ticket?   V

You can actually file a ticket without logging in.  The bottom of the main https://secondlife.com page and the 'forgot password' page, both have a link to Support, which takes you to https://support.secondlife.com/.  Oddly enough, on that page there is not a Support link under Help, but there is 'Contact Support' on the right side of the page under 'Related Links' and from there you get a 'Submit a Support Case form' link (which is the normal create-case page).  There is only a very short list of issue types, but 'lost password' and 'account comprimised' are there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can actually file a ticket without logging in.  The bottom of the main https://secondlife.com page and the 'forgot password' page, both have a link to Support, which takes you to https://support.secondlife.com/.  Oddly enough, on that page there is not a Support link under Help, but there is 'Contact Support' on the right side of the page under 'Related Links' and from there you get a 'Submit a Support Case form' link (which is the normal create-case page).  There is only a very short list of issue types, but 'lost password' and 'account comprimised' are there.

Very good to know. I am always logged in but did just test and you are definitely correct. Hopefully I will never need to use that function. 

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yikes - I've had the email sent many times (without actually following through on it) to verify the steps before answering here in the forums and for me it has always been that I only needed to do 1 of 3.  It is so consistent that I figured it was that way for everyone.

I wonder what exactly is the criteria for LL determining which questions need to be answered.  I always thought the question about the Friends was a really bad option because a vast many of us have people on our Friends list that we may not remeber their full names or possibly the spellilng of such, since so many spell their names just a bit off of what would be considered normal spelling - or worse, they have numbers at the end that only make sense to them.

Well I tried (with her) a few times and then (a few weeks ago) it wanted ALL three. It also told you up top and maybe in red -- don't remember for sure-- that you only had a FEW tries. I don't think it said it would lock your account but that "threat" seemed underlying :D so I went back and discovered I had misspelled her name and then Chrome put in the wrong name as default. So I was OK. 

It could be that the password retrieval page was wonky that day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.