Blender Ask/Rigging (Newbie)

naufalfaishal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys, I'm new in blender n like to learning. Wanna ask about rigging, heres the picts:

1.when rest posing is fine

5974e70e592f7_amber1.thumb.png.c41bbc9b90ca517de9b28c7a562fe02f.png

2.but when edit pose, the butt is kinda mixxed/followed my arms/hands

5974e7137ec8f_amber2.thumb.png.575478b2be8e824bc40a8323dc8a655a.png

3. (example: my creation success) I wanna make that women avatar success/normal like this (the butt not followed the arms)

5974e7184bec8_amber3therock.thumb.png.b47642a8a66a477e8f986a74738e7a31.png

Anyone may help? I'll follow your step n appreciate it..Thank you

Creating a rest pose with intersecting geometry like that is a bad idea actually. I guess you used some automatic weighting, and it rigged the vertices of the butt to the nearest bones. So the butt is rigged to the hands, and forearms as well. I am not a Blender user, so I can't tell you how to remove the butt weights from the hands, but I would recommend to start all over with a rest pose without intersecting geometry. Skinning/Rigging will be a PITA otherwise.

You won't see intersecting limbs like that in real life as well.

Edited by arton Rotaru

18 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

Creating a rest pose with intersecting geometry like that is a bad idea actually. I guess you used some automatic weighting, and it rigged the vertices of the butt to the nearest bones. So the butt is rigged to the hands, and forearms as well. I am not a Blender user, so I can't tell you how to remove the butt weights from the hands, but I would recommend to start all over with a rest pose without intersecting geometry. Skinning/Rigging will be a PITA otherwise.

You won't see intersecting limbs like that in real life as well.

thank you, may u upload the screenshot about automatic weighting..kinda new here about blending

Like I said, I don't use Blender, sorry. But if you look at your first screenshot, on the left there is a button which reads "Automatic from bones" under Weight Map Control. I thought that's it what you did use to weight this character. It weights the vertices of the mesh to the bones which are clostest to them. That works for an initial rough weighting. From there you'll have to tweak the weights manually untill you get a perfect result.

Since I see Avastar in that screenshot as well, you might want to join the Avastar group in-world to get some more detailed help. Just a suggestion.

23 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

Like I said, I don't use Blender, sorry. But if you look at your first screenshot, on the left there is a button which reads "Automatic from bones" under Weight Map Control. I thought that's it what you did use to weight this character. It weights the vertices of the mesh to the bones which are clostest to them. That works for an initial rough weighting. From there you'll have to tweak the weights manually untill you get a perfect result.

Since I see Avastar in that screenshot as well, you might want to join the Avastar group in-world to get some more detailed help. Just a suggestion.

oh thank you so much arton I will do it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.