Sign in to follow this  
LiyahDeloncroix

Looking for Taverns

Morning/Afternoon/Evening or somewhere between,

I am looking for a Tavern. Not just any old tavern but one that is independent of any sim. There was one a while back and now I can't remember. So looking here for one. I want to be able to Roleplay away from the sim I am on for a "Travel" roleplay and need to find something medieval fantasy with a touch of magic(that allows dragons) to do this. 

Any suggestions would help. And if none, would this be fun to have in secondlife? 

~Liyah

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LiyahDeloncroix said:

Morning/Afternoon/Evening or somewhere between,

I am looking for a Tavern. Not just any old tavern but one that is independent of any sim. There was one a while back and now I can't remember. So looking here for one. I want to be able to Roleplay away from the sim I am on for a "Travel" roleplay and need to find something medieval fantasy with a touch of magic(that allows dragons) to do this.

Any suggestions would help. And if none, would this be fun to have in secondlife?

~Liyah

The reason our languages have rules about grammar and syntax, and why we have dictionaries etc., is so we can agree on a common definition of words, so that when others hear a word, they have SOME clue what we're talking about.

"Tavern" - a building located in ONE place, that serves food and drink and provides short term lodgings, often to travelers.

What you are apparently looking for is NOT a "Tavern" but what the rest of the world calls a "Nomad Gang".

Hope that helps.

What. There's no indication she's looking for anything other than what she said. A tavern. Likely to roleplay spending a night or two at during her character's travels.

I have seen a few places like that over the years, but I'm not aware of any at the moment. It always seemed like a fun idea though, and useful for RPs like that when you need a temporary location. Good luck finding one though, or starting one if you were thinking of that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nyx Karas said:

What. There's no indication she's looking for anything other than what she said. A tavern.

22 hours ago, LiyahDeloncroix said:

Not just any old tavern but one that is independent of any sim

The clue is in the words...

Sounds like an alcohol version of Terry Pratchett's wandering shops. I like the concept, but I'd be annoyed if I had to go hunting for my favourite boozer each time I fancied a few pints ;)

The Wandering Shops or "tabernae vagantes" are exactly the kind you get in those "Lies-To-Children", called Fairy Stories.

Certain constants apply to these shops. They carry exactly what the person is looking for, even if they aren't looking for anything particular; Out of all the myriad items, most of which are broken, the most powerful and mystical one will be the most ordinary looking, and the most affordable; and the shop owner will be older than mud, but sharper than flint.

These shops will appear in rarely travelled side streets, and will look as though they have been there forever. The next time the customers return (often to return the purchased items) the shop will be gone, the space it occupied looking as though it has been that way forever as well.

Quantum is suspected to play a large part in this, though some people believe it's just a clever way to avoid various Sunday Closing laws, while others believe these shops form an Emporium, a galactic empire controlled by shopkeepers.

To the OP: Me and my partner did have a tavern (a kind of Prancing Pony style one) rezzed on the ground of our region, while the dystopian future RP area was way up in the sky. Unfortunately, since I'm in the process of removing everything to tier down a little, the tavern has had to go.

• Like 1

Yes? That usually means one that is not part of a larger roleplay sim/community, but just a small tavern where people can come and go and play out their own stories without being bound to the lore of any established setting.

But I'm sure she will clarify what she meant when she checks the thread again.

• Like 1

I thought something like a tavern declared neutral territory by the unseelie accords.  But then I am a Jim Butcher fan so that's where my mind went..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Me and my partner did have a tavern (a kind of Prancing Pony style one) rezzed on the ground of our region

I was asked, only a couple of days ago, to help with the landscaping on the home parcel around the resurrection of...

An Orca-Bar.

Yes a bar for orcas, no I don't get it either. Apparently the original even had free mesh tshirts to give away with slogans like "Squeal if you love Orcas" on them.

And before you ask, the orcas in question were girls in anime style cute killer whale suits. No, I don't get it either.

But now we have a small wooden structure by the waters edge, that serves kelp shakes and fish burgers, and has an open frontage that overhangs a shallow area of water.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:22 AM, Nyx Karas said:

Yes? That usually means one that is not part of a larger roleplay sim/community, but just a small tavern where people can come and go and play out their own stories without being bound to the lore of any established setting.

But I'm sure she will clarify what she meant when she checks the thread again.

Actually Klytyna you are WRONG. What Nyx has put above is correct. You, on the other hand, are so very wrong it actually hurts. I am looking for a tavern. Not what you have decided to put down as your concept of what I was meaning. Quoted below.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:19 AM, Klytyna said:

The reason our languages have rules about grammar and syntax, and why we have dictionaries etc., is so we can agree on a common definition of words, so that when others hear a word, they have SOME clue what we're talking about.

"Tavern" - a building located in ONE place, that serves food and drink and provides short term lodgings, often to travelers.

What you are apparently looking for is NOT a "Tavern" but what the rest of the world calls a "Nomad Gang".

Hope that helps.

So. Before you decide to correct what I wrote you, insult my intelligence, you could have easily come to me via the messaging system and asked EXACTLY what I meant. So while everyone else saw what I was getting at, you decided to shape it to your own idea and what you "thought" I meant. 

To those that got it! Yes, I am looking for a Tavern(A building in one place of brick and wood, not some nomadic gang). Or if there would be interest in such a place being created, to be a place to start a story away from the normal hustle and drone of a typical Roleplay sim. With Roleplay ideas set in place to have help in the creation of a story or further one in progress. That is NOT attached to any one particular Roleplay Sim but one that ANYONE can show up at. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiro Ametza said:

Technically speaking wouldn't a 'Nomad Gang' be contextually applied to a group of people, rather than....a.......Building?

Quite so, see, a building will by definition, be associated with the land its built on, hence asking for a tacern thats not associated with a sim is... Like asking for a mobile nomad building, 

You might check out Sternwood Forest

We have have two functional taverns one also would or could double as an Inn. The sim is Adult but is very open to most old world and medieval/ renaissance era roleplay. We allow we are not a strict RP sim and do not function on general rules except for what your imagination drives

• Like 1

Hmmmm I do have a pub inworld that I wouldnt mind folks RPing at although its not specifically set up for that..........................actually just made it because it sounded fun *grins*  Wagging tails pub is the name if you want to check it out.  Dont let the name fool you....its not furry based or anything just the name I liked.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2017 at 2:19 PM, Klytyna said:

Hope that helps.

Can I have a copy of your dictionary?

Inn :

noun
1. a commercial establishment that provides lodging, food, etc., for the public, especially travelers; small hotel.
2. a tavern.

Hope that helps to figure why she calls it correctly a tavern.

14 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Can I have a copy of your dictionary?

Inn :

noun
1. a commercial establishment that provides lodging, food, etc., for the public, especially travelers; small hotel.
2. a tavern.

Hope that helps to figure why she calls it correctly a tavern.

Thanks, Morgan. And I meant a Tavern, not a Nomad Gang unlike what that person's name was(blocked them after that little rant of theirs). But some people don't get that. Thankfully I have found a place that is offering just what I need and it's with a friend I adore!