help with avatar shape

CelesteStargazer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so I am trying to help with my friends avi and we went and got the signature body and the catwa daniel head, we bought a shape that was supposed to be specifically for said body and head and it looks nothing like the phot., Can anyone help point me towards a place where the shape actually looks the way it says it does?  Don't want to spend more money on a shape he's unhappy with.

It won't look like the advert unless your friend is also wearing the same skin applier that the shape designer was wearing when they took the photo for it. Look in the shape's folder for a styling card, and if the creator hasn't included one then try contacting them to ask which skin they were wearing.

The reverse of this is why makers of skin appliers usually include a premade shape with their applier: so that people can look exactly like the ad image. It's best business practice for shape creators to include styling cards (or at least mention the skin they're wearing in their ads) as a courtesy or simply to prevent unhappy customers who wonder why they don't look exactly like the ad image, but sadly some of them don't do this.

Incidentally, it's always best to try a demo of anything, including shapes. If one was available, then your friend would have been wise to have tried that before making his purchase.

• Like 1

Not sure why anyone wants to look exactly like an advert, or like 100 other people. Me and my bf were talking about this. He has the Aestetic body, so hes a clone of a thousand other guys. But i'm unique. I doubt anyone else in SL looks quite like me. I still have the original face slider setting on my system head which i got as a day old noob, but that's so long ago I doubt anyone else still uses it, Even if they did, my rather unusual skin choice will assure i look different from the others. I'm wearing a pink fantasy skin that is no longer sold, but it just look very pale. "Normal skin" is usually some shade of beige. The skin was a system skin for my head, with a Maitreya applier for my body. My body sliders i tweaked to  what i think makes my Maitreya body look perfect, to me anyway.

Add in my applier body freckles, and I'm totally unique.

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.