Unable to See Online Contacts

Zaheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So this has been happening for a little while where I can't see any of my contacts online. I have an ALT account that is friended with my main one and yet I STILL CAN'T see it online or anyone else on that account. This must be an issue with my computer or the viewer.. I use the latest version of Firestorm.. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

**I am logged into both accounts and cannot see either one online on each account...**

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Zaheria said:

So this has been happening for a little while where I can't see any of my contacts online. I have an ALT account that is friended with my main one and yet I STILL CAN'T see it online or anyone else on that account. This must be an issue with my computer or the viewer.. I use the latest version of Firestorm.. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

**I am logged into both accounts and cannot see either one online on each account...**

try it on a different location, it might be the region needing a restart.

This is a known problem with several bug reports complaining about it.

The problem symptom of the friends' list being out of whack come from multiple causes. It can be a connection issue where just the wrong packet gets dropped and the list fails to update properly. A restart often cures the problem.

It can also be a problem with the region or the region host failing to connect to that service as it should. Moving to another region usually cures this problem. restarting the region usually fixes the region problem. But, region restarts often cause the problem in the first place... The Lindens have been working to clean the problem up. Things are better but, not perfect.

A general fix is to move to a different region and relog.

The quick work around is to go to your SL Dashboard on the web and look at your friends' list there. This way you can avoid a relog or waiting for a region to restart.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.