How to stay logged in on secondlife​.com

Stanley Schumann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

25 answers to this question

assuming you mean the website the type of web browser you use may make a difference if your using Google Chrome's Incognito mode or IE's InPrivate Browsing mode or another browser with a private mode it won't work the next time you open the browser if your using standard browsing it should work if you haven't disabled cookies

a/o 12/12/2017 I am having this same issue daily. Even if my pc hibernates i have to log back into my dashboard. I have historically throughout my entire SL stayed logged in to dashboard and keep the tab open (it is pinned infact) and not had this problem until the last week or so. It is really getting annoying. (And before anyone jumps on it - yes the little box it ticked. I am using google chrome. cookies are enabled. I am familiar with the functionality. Everything works as expected with the exception of actually staying logged into the website) ... anyone having the same issue? any suggestions before i go search / file a bug report (sigh)

11 minutes ago, jag Voom said:

a/o 12/12/2017 I am having this same issue daily. Even if my pc hibernates i have to log back into my dashboard. I have historically throughout my entire SL stayed logged in to dashboard and keep the tab open (it is pinned infact) and not had this problem until the last week or so. It is really getting annoying. (And before anyone jumps on it - yes the little box it ticked. I am using google chrome. cookies are enabled. I am familiar with the functionality. Everything works as expected with the exception of actually staying logged into the website) ... anyone having the same issue? any suggestions before i go search / file a bug report (sigh)

More up to date thread about it from this week rather than this 6 years old one .  Yes some of us are noticing the same problem

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jag Voom said:

thanks for the ... update ... and sarcasm *cough*. honestly i don't have the time/energy/patience to read through a bunch of threads around about sl. I googled. saw it was an issue for someone and i added it is an issue for me currently. anywho hope your fix remains. tah.

You're welcome  *sarcasm*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jag Voom said:

thanks for the ... update ... and sarcasm

I was going to let it lie but since when was pointing out there is a thread from this week with people having this problem rather than 6 years ago, sarcastic?  jeeez some people are so *goes looking for the right word as these forums are G rated*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now hold on a minute, y'all.  Yes, it was a grating, sarcastic post.  But really, I often do the same thing when I'm having a problem.  I'll Google "[insert problem here] Second Life" and see what comes up in Search.  Often, dates are not given for Search results.  If I click on a result and get taken to a forum post, I will very often not pay attention to the post date.  I have found solutions to problems this way...and I have also embarrassed myself by resurrecting old threads.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Now hold on a minute, y'all.  Yes, it was a grating, sarcastic post.  But really, I often do the same thing when I'm having a problem.  I'll Google "[insert problem here] Second Life" and see what comes up in Search.  Often, dates are not given for Search results.  If I click on a result and get taken to a forum post, I will very often not pay attention to the post date.  I have found solutions to problems this way...and I have also embarrassed myself by resurrecting old threads.

Cindy just pointed out that there was a more recent thread on the forms currently. She didn’t berate anyone. 

And got the usual thanks for her effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Cindy just pointed out that there was a more recent thread on the forms currently. She didn’t berate anyone. 

And got the usual thanks for her effort.

No, SHE didn't berate anyone!  I'm talking about the comments that followed jag Voom's response.  As I said, it was sarcastic and uncalled for, but his explanation of HOW he found the necropost is actually the way I often search for help with problems.  So I felt the berating that followed was perhaps more than was called for.

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, SHE didn't berate anyone!  I'm talking about the comments that followed jag Voom's response.  As I said, it was sarcastic and uncalled for, but his explanation of HOW he found the necropost is actually the way I often search for help with problems.  So I felt the berating that followed was perhaps more than was called for.

The berating had nothing to do with necroposting, but for attacking Cindy's generous offer of advice.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 2:38 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

More up to date thread about it from this week rather than this 6 years old one .  Yes some of us are noticing the same problem

thanks for the ... update ... and sarcasm *cough*. honestly i don't have the time/energy/patience to read through a bunch of threads around about sl. I googled. saw it was an issue for someone and i added it is an issue for me currently. anywho hope your fix remains. tah.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.