Shared Inventory Directory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I realize there are tons of intellectual property and permissions issues with this idea, but I'd like to float it out there anyway.  I also know that SL isn't a cloud storage provider, but Inventory is stored in the asset servers.

I help manage rental property on a number of sims.  The houses and furnishings used are owned by the sim owner.  We normally will provide a house, selected from a variety of houses in the same theme promoted for the sim.  The challenge is that when the owner is on holiday or otherwise not available, new tenants have to wait until the owner is available to get a house set up if they want a change to what's already there.  That may not seem like a big deal, but it would be very handy if the owner could have a way to put houses and furniture into a shared directory so all of the managers of the region could take care of set up requests like this.

I know, I know... it'd be too hard to control abuse...

Yes, I've seen this done as well.  In fact, it's a shared account for a group where the management team changes on a regular basis, so they have procedures in place for password resetting and sharing.  Unfortunately, in my case, the fairly extensive rental Inventory already belongs to the owner and it'd be pretty expensive to start over with all new inventory for a shared account.  But that may be the only reasonable approach.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.