You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is a life forward?

Life Forward is the living the rules that make the world a better place. You can have a better life; a more fulfilling life by keeping to certain rules. In Life Forward they are called Anchors. Why anchors? Because these are the elements that give a steadying influence in life. They root you to the bedrock of existence.  More to come in the near future. 

If you are interested in Life Forward, join our group.

7 hours ago, JoeDex said:

What is a life forward?

Life Forward is the living the rules that make the world a better place. You can have a better life; a more fulfilling life by keeping to certain rules. In Life Forward they are called Anchors. Why anchors? Because these are the elements that give a steadying influence in life. They root you to the bedrock of existence.  More to come in the near future.

If you are interested in Life Forward, join our group.

Rule 1...

Never join insignificant 'self help guru' groups that promise to improve your life if only you sign a contract promising to obey arbitary rules laid down by some nonentity pushing their own brand of socio/religious claptrap...

Hey my life is better already! ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeDex said:

Thank you for your thoughtful replies. The good old days were not always good and tomorrow is not as bad as it seems... I have heard that somewhere.

It might help your future if you didn't put your reply in a box claiming it's a quote from me...

15 hours ago, JoeDex said:

You can have a better life; a more fulfilling life by keeping to certain rules.

Is this my Second Life? because here there are few rules, or the First Life, because I have a pretty good handle on the rules I need there.

• Like 5

This sounds suspiciously like one of those 'Christian D/s' lifestyle things where the woman lives to obey her husband, who gets to chastise her if she steps out of line...

ETA: By the way, it will be a bit difficult for anyone to join your group when its settings look like this:

597379a186ffb_groupsettings.PNG.b4227c28f0098c191c5b42a8c29db009.PNG

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

@Luna Bliss No, I am not referring to that life forward. It is different, but thank you for calling that to my attention.

@Skell Dagger Thank you for your help. I will amend the group. Also, it is not a Christian centered life style, though I am a Christian and God,whatever form you think of, is a core part of the Anchors.

How do you know those "many" you see don't? If it is by your own interpretation, you very well could be completely wrong. 

I suppose if someone needs direction in their life, usually doesn't hurt to look for said direction..but I'll never understand what makes one person think they get to determine what that direction should be *for another person*. 

A better explanation is in order....unless you're just looking for group members(and in that case, I'm not certain this is the best place in the forum to get that)

Edited by Tari Landar
clarity
  • Like 6

@Tari Landar I am simply putting this information out. A person can choose to accept or reject it. As far as knowing if many in SL needing guidance one need only read the forums, or spend sometime at an infohub to see the need. Still it is a free choice of the individual to accept or reject. And to the group point, I have not opened up the group as Skell Dagger pointed out. That was an error on my part, not knowing the correct settings. Upon reflection, I am going to keep the group closed because I do not want to leave the impression that I am doing this for member numbers. 

2 minutes ago, JoeDex said:

As far as knowing if many in SL needing guidance one need only read the forums, or spend sometime at an infohub to see the need.

Wow, now there is some judgement. 

Whereas the truth is "there are many in SL that need guidance BASED ON MY DEFINITION OF THINGS".  Based on someone else's definition, it could be you that needs the guidance.

• Like 2

If you wish to attract members who want to create anchors in their life for positive change it might help to provide more information.
For example, a description describing how you intend to guide people into developing their anchors would be helpful. Or perhaps this has not even been developed and is something you intend to create via group input?

I don't think English is your native language, so perhaps it might help to explain that many have a negative idea about the word 'rule', especially if they think you are imposing rules on others.

I  *think*  I get what you're wanting to do with your group though.
For example, I know I feel better throughout the day if one of the first things I do in the morning is sit out in my garden. I don't always want to do this, especially if I have pressing things to accomplish in the day. But after seeing the benefits I've created a 'rule' for this in my life -- an anchor -- that causes me to do it no matter how I feel. And I try to follow this rule even though I may not want to initially.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JoeDex said:

@Tari Landar I am simply putting this information out. A person can choose to accept or reject it. As far as knowing if many in SL needing guidance one need only read the forums, or spend sometime at an infohub to see the need. Still it is a free choice of the individual to accept or reject. And to the group point, I have not opened up the group as Skell Dagger pointed out. That was an error on my part, not knowing the correct settings. Upon reflection, I am going to keep the group closed because I do not want to leave the impression that I am doing this for member numbers. 

Well personally, I believe determining that  another needs guidance without knowing that person is pretty misguided in and of itself. Those that offer guidance(and how are you seemingly more qualified to offer said guidance anyway?) in the manner which you have, by judging others around you...are, in my experience, either looking for their own guidance in life, or scam artists. I'd prefer to believe the former of you and not the latter, so I shall.

But, I can tell you, with absolute certainty, offering "guidance" with no explanation, in such a cryptic manner, is going to give off the latter vibe to many, not the former. 

Best of luck to you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeDex said:

Upon reflection, I am going to keep the group closed because I do not want to leave the impression that I am doing this for member numbers. 

You might want to edit your original post then to remove this part:  " If you are interested in Life Forward, join our group."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.