SL Viewer & Firestorm Viewer has flashed "frozen" during attempted login

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Both Second life & Firestorm viewers has flashed "froze'' during attempted logins to the SL-Grid that fail,

to suspect software damage with viewer files.

What would be the solution to "frozen" viewers to login successfully?

My premium membership would be glad to fix this issue by 9/1/2017.

SL-DNS-Failed Viewer Login-7-19-17.PNG

Edited by ral61
added information

10 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Have you tried adding the free Google DNS servers to whatever your ISP set up in your router?  That often clears up DNS issues.

he/she is posting difficulties like this since june 30th ... if none of the given solutions in his threads till now help, i'm affraid nothing will help.

and in may startet fiddling with firewall settings..

• Like 1

@ral61 For a couple of months you have been posting about this or a similar problem.

If you want to find a solution, you will have to follow up in a single thread. When you hop around creating new threads you make it hard for us to follow the conversation and know what has been tried and what hasn't. We get frustrated too. Our solution is to start ignoring you.

In a single thread we can work with you to eliminate failing solutions and narrow in on the problem.

If you haven't realized, SL and computer problems are often like a fever, a symptom, with many possible causes of the same symptom. There is no single cause or answer for most SL problems. 

As best I can tell, all of your problems from all the threads are connection related and more specifically DNS related. Since you post once and run, I have no idea what you have and haven't tried. So, whether it is your computer, firewall, anti-virus, router/gateway, local network, or ISP or not we can't tell.

If you do NOT include your computer and viewer specs we are further hampered. Use the Viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to collect the information we need.

The DNS problem the error message clues us to is almost always a matter of your system using a DNS server that is having problems. The solution most often working is to add more DNS servers to the list of servers your computer uses.

You can continue to suffer from this problem or work with us. Your choice...

31 minutes ago, ral61 said:

There is a DNS problem, since login failure started all-of-sudden.

Network security is now my focus. testing Google public DNS & other solutions will be considered.

considered??

WHY are you keep asking here since may  if you only now end of july starting to consider it?

• Like 1

You wrote, "There is a DNS problem, since login failure started all-of-sudden." Did you mean to write "there isn't"? Either way the 'all of a sudden' part is a VERY possible and likely change. DNS servers get over loaded, break, routing files corrupt, or get updated with errors. It can happen in an instance. 

My granddad had a mule. It died. It never did that before... it was fine yesterday...

• Like 1

Hi Christin!

Sorry, but that's not enough for us to go on.  Can you post a screen shot, or quote any error messages you're getting?  Also, go to Help/About Second Life at the login screen, copy the information about your computer that is shown there, and paste it into your message. 

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.