Full bright script?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm so frustrated. I'm don't know how to write scripts, and as much as I love learning, it's not a task I feel like taking on just yet. I am willing to pay for what I am looking for, I just can't find it. I am certain it is a simple thing to do, however. 

I made a mesh lamp. I found a on/off script that I managed to get to work on my lamp the way I want it to (light/glow/fullbright (I think)  from the bulb only). It took a few goes to get it to light from my bulb and not the shade, but I managed. (shade is face 0, bulb is face 2). everything looks great - except - I want the shade to be full bright when the lamp is on - and not when it is not. I have no idea how to make this happen. Can I use a second script? do I have to mod the first script? If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. I'm not looking for freebies, I'm willing to pay if need be. I just want my lamp to work as I want it to. PS... a on/off switch sound would be cool too :D

If the lamp is all one mesh, then the whole lamp, and not just the bulb, casts the light as an object. The light emanates from its geometric center. It is the faces of a prim that are set full bright and to glow. I realize that it's possible someone has already PM'd you about this. Fortunately it's easy to do.

when the lamp in ON, just add the SLPPF call ?

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS, [ PRIM_FULLBRIGHT,0, TRUE ] );

and when it is OFF ....

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS, [ PRIM_FULLBRIGHT,0, FALSE ] );

...or if you use a variable for the on/off ...lets call it "switch"... then

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS, [ PRIM_FULLBRIGHT,0, switch ] );

I really appreciate the help, but since I know zero about scripting (other than to change an integer number based on the scriptor's instructions), I'm clueless. Do I insert those lines into the script I am using (where and how?) or do I make a new script? Could I pm someone the script I am using and get a script back with the mod? (again, I'll pay a reasonable fee).

If you are hoping to hire a scripter, please post your request in the InWorld Employment forum.  The Scripting forum is intended as a place for LSL scripters to share ideas and to commiserate about scripts that they are working on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you are hoping to hire a scripter, please post your request in the InWorld Employment forum.  The Scripting forum is intended as a place for LSL scripters to share ideas and to commiserate about scripts that they are working on.

noted. I was hoping someone could just explain to me how to insert the script, but perhaps just putting out a want ad is best. cheers. 

If you put 20 minutes or so into looking on the wiki, and study a couple of basic script templates to see how the flow goes, you could do it yourself and would probably have one of those facepalm moments so many of us have had, like, "OMG that was SO easy once I waded through the broken glass and razor wire!" In fact, the replies above contain the key to the whole thing, if you're stubborn enough to pursue it on your own.

But yeah, if you're not looking to contract our particular form of madness (I call it the Scripting Bug), you should save yourself and just pay someone to do it.

By the way, that's a really nice lamp. ^-^

Edited by Berksey
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Berksey said:

If you put 20 minutes or so into looking on the wiki, and study a couple of basic script templates to see how the flow goes, you could do it yourself and would probably have one of those facepalm moments so many of us have had, like, "OMG that was SO easy once I waded through the broken glass and razor wire!" In fact, the replies above contain the key to the whole thing, if you're stubborn enough to pursue it on your own.

But yeah, if you're not looking to contract our particular form of madness (I call it the Scripting Bug), you should save yourself and just pay someone to do it.

By the way, that's a really nice lamp. ^-^

I know, I know - I really should just learn to do it. Unfortunately, RL has me 6 days a week running a business and 2 teens, a hubby, and a house to look after. I barely get time to build my mesh objects. I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to figure out, as I have played with programming here and there in the past, but I haven't the mind for it right now. Maybe in the future when mesh gets too easy! lol

Thank you! (it'll be for sale as soon as I get this script worked out :D)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.