where can you meet peole?

viktorijas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You can meet people anywhere that you see green dots on your map.  Each dot represents an avatar.  To get you started, here are a couple of nice places you can visit and meet people if you like.

http://slurl.com/secondlife//33/218/1560  This will get you to Inspire Space - a lovely celestial environment

http://slurl.com/secondlife//196/122/686  Ambrosia Dance Club (I DJ there)  - friendly place open 24/7

Because people in SL are from all over the world, some places are more busy at different time of the day. Sometimes it can help to find sims that are aimed at your particular country and then ask people where they like to hang out. This doesn`t mean that you are stuck with just meeting people from your own RL country, but it does help you find nightclubs that are active during your own night time for example.

There is also a Making Friends forum on http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Make-Friends/bd-p/MakeFriends

To know people you need to go to places where there are people like clubs, events etc but you can always start in the place when you get in the world map in the website. Do not stay in the same place it is really nice to go to others places to explore and in the way to meet friends, look at me befroe a few I didn't know people love horse avatars and I already have 2 or 3 friends which are in horse avatar, just go to places with many people.

I found that the use of groups is an excellent way to meet people of a like mind.  There are hundreds of groups that have open chat with members where you can get an idea of some of the personalities.  Join some groups, participate in discussions, find out where everyone meets - have fun and make friends.

When I first arrived I met many people by taking classes...you can find lots of free classes in events/education.  Taking at least basic building classes would be valuable too.  Even if you are never going to be a builder the skills you learn will allow you to later adjust your hair, jewelry, clothes so they fit well.  Also new resident classes or general classes on inventory, profiles etc are often filled with other new avies who also want to meet people.

Clubs, events are good places

Some of the groups too are good, not shop groups which are mainly just for release notices but social groups, discusssion groups.

There are also the roleplay groups/sims if you have an interest

"Search" is your friend and you can find many things by just typing in your real life interests and seeing what comes up!

Avoid sending random friend invites and don't feel bad if you start conversations in places like stores and people are not receptive...they just might be busy.  Also, there are merchants here who do not play in SL it is wjust here they work.

Good luck and welcome to Second Life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.