SatinRibbon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Please help. I reset my password, failed to write it down. then asked to reset, I did not remember my security question answer. It asked me to fill in names of 3 friends from my list...but I did not know their full names...never thought to memorize all of them..if that is even possible. What can i do now? I submitted a ticket, and they sent auto reply with a case number....how long does it take for them to help me? I am locked out of my account and can't even keep trying to guess my password. Am I going to lose my account with that avatar? I am heavily invested there.??

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just went through the process.  They don't ask for L$ balance but "Enter the last amount Linden Lab charged to your PayPal or credit card account. US$:", which I definitely could find out by checking paypal.  And I do know the answer to the security question, so the Friends part is a moot point - thank goodness.

Ah ok,well that one makes more sense then with the linden amount..I must have rushed passed it and misunderstood..hehehe

11 minutes ago, SatinRibbon said:

Well...my record keeping is far more organized than my ability to keep track of passwords...I have found the statement that shows my last linden purchase...and wouldn't you know it...I did two in the same day...if they ask and I give the wrong one that will be even worse! will they ask for the total in one day of the purchases?

is there a time on the purchase or were they in any specific order to tell which one you did last?

Also,they may show up in your email you use for second life if they were purchases on the market place..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Just now, SatinRibbon said:

Ceka...I just see them listed one after the other...no time posts..most likely made within minutes of each other

Rather than entering the wrong answer, I'd probably wait for Support to finally get to your ticket.  Keep the statement available so you have both amounts in the event that they ask you about it.

I will keep the statements handy. But I think it looks like I won't be able to works my sets...and, as you know, no one else can pay my rent...so I will lose my parcel, all that is there will be sent back to my lost avatar account and I will have nothing left. And it is the best rent I have ever had with security available...this is awful.

7 minutes ago, SatinRibbon said:

I will keep the statements handy. But I think it looks like I won't be able to works my sets...and, as you know, no one else can pay my rent...so I will lose my parcel, all that is there will be sent back to my lost avatar account and I will have nothing left. And it is the best rent I have ever had with security available...this is awful.

Try to IM your landlord and see if they are willing to work with you.. They may end up holding the land for you until you can get things cleared up with LL

26 minutes ago, SatinRibbon said:

Do you think someone will actually talk to me?

It scares me to send a photo of my Driver's license to someone...they warn senior citizens about those things

If a request for such comes through the support ticket system, then you can trust it, but if they request that, you can always respond and tell them that you'd feel better talking to someone about it all first.

5 minutes ago, SatinRibbon said:

Can anyone actually verify that they will respond to a case?

They will respond, but it may not be until sometime tomorrow.  Not totally sure of the general Support hours.  Live chat is 5am to 3pm PST daily and Billing Support is 6am to 3pm PST Mon-Fri.

I have not seen any options for live chat with anyone about passwords by phone...all the options that have anything to do with passwords say they no longer do that by phone...they direct you to the support page...again...just to file the case/ticket number and wait

When you call, you have options you must choose...all of them circle back around to the support page if it has anything to do with passwords. At general support or billing support, they do not answer calls about passwords...or that is what the messages all say.

5 minutes ago, SatinRibbon said:

I think it is funny that in the email they send to give you your case number...they say you can view the case online...but you have to log into your case to do it  =)   very funny

Yeah, it reminds me of the message I get when I call the internet company because my internet is down and they tell me the website where I can monitor status.

hahahahah!!!!! exactly!!!! And for a senior citizen, you have no idea how confusing and frustrating that can be...after awhile...trying to get help...it just breaks you and you give up any hope that anyone will actually help you. Makes you feel irrelevant to the world of techies who have the world by the tail and no time for us.

Of course, with the internet, it will eventually get fixed on it's own...but this password thing and my avatar at risk of being lost, this is something I have not expected to be this hard. I am too disabled to go postal! =)...and oh my...that truly is a senior citizen joke!

5 hours ago, SatinRibbon said:

Well...my record keeping is far more organized than my ability to keep track of passwords...I have found the statement that shows my last linden purchase...and wouldn't you know it...I did two in the same day...if they ask and I give the wrong one that will be even worse! will they ask for the total in one day of the purchases?

No, just tell them there were two transactions that day, and give the amounts for both.

1 hour ago, SatinRibbon said:

Of course, with the internet, it will eventually get fixed on it's own...but this password thing and my avatar at risk of being lost, this is something I have not expected to be this hard. I am too disabled to go postal! =)...and oh my...that truly is a senior citizen joke!

Take a deep breath and try to stay calm.  You will not lose the account.  You just have to have patience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.