How to make my chat conversations permanent

Celeste Balogh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Celeste Balogh said:

It was permanent before I did a re-start but now any message I send or chat i begin , I  can no longer find on my computer.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what that means.  If you are simply looking for the chat log on your hard drive, look in the computer's AppData folder for Roaming >>> Secondlife >>> your_avatar_name >>> Chat .  Everything should be there unless you have cleared, redirected, or turned them off in Preferences >>> Chat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Celeste Balogh said:

Greetings,,How do I go about having my  chats  and messages remain permanently? It was permanent before I did a re-start but now any message I send or chat i begin , I  can no longer find on my computer..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..Celeste

check if your preferences settings are really enabled to save your logs.

You also can see there where it's stored ( at Firestorm at least.. don't know about the LL viewer)

• Like 1

Depending on what you mean by permanent... The only way to safely and certainly keep chat is to copy it out of the chat-logs-folder. As long as it is in the default or active location reinstalls, uninstalls, and various cache clears will/can delete it.

• Like 1

Notecards are always good as well as pasting into your word processor or notepad.  Then they are in theory in a place on your harddrive (or in your inventory) where you know how to find them. Remember that you can't actually DO much with these logs (that TOS thing) but you can certainly refer to them at a later time to refresh your memory of what was said :D. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.