Why Full Sim before Homestead?

Donna Wainwright

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello there!

So i'd be really interested in having my own sim.  But a full region is a bit expensive.  I thought i'd get me a homestead.  For some reason though, to get one, you have to own a full region first.  Anyone knows why that is ?  My thinking is, start small, go bigger after... but LL seems to think the opposite !?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Because that's the rule.  Homestead regions became available a few years ago (2010?) as an incentive for people to buy full regions. The idea was not to offer "starter" regions for new landowners but to encourage retention by offering low-cost expansion to established landowners. Many people who own them now use them as rental property, which is why you can find so many listed here in the forums.  You can argue about the Lab's philosophy, but it was probably a good move from a strategic perspective.  It made large tracts of land available at reasonably low price for both landowners and renters.

• Like 2

There are lots and lots of homestead sims to rent. Read carefully though because there are currently two "levels" of homesteads and one supports more prims than another. So all homesteads can't be considered the same. Read that land tab to see. Also if you rent see what powers you will have on the sim. That may or not be too important to you, but still good to check and try and compare oranges to oranges :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.