Help with leash system?

Norchadens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got a collar recently and i found it was also enabled for the leash system. I read up on it but i'm still very much confused. I discovered how to generate a leash holder and give it to people and how to leash to them but i have no idea how to make the  actual leash show up? Am i missing out on something? Where is the option in the menu to make it show up?

8 answers to this question

It should show up automatically if you are wearing it and the person holding it it is listed as owning you. You most likely have to have RLV enabled in your viewer to get it to work as well.

14 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

It should show up automatically if you are wearing it and the person holding it it is listed as owning you. You most likely have to have RLV enabled in your viewer to get it to work as well.

It's not! Is there anything i have to tick on to get it to show? I use Firestorm btw!

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Do others see the leash?

If so, you've probably got particles disabled. Go to Preferences->Graphics and make sure the particle slider isn't at zero.

They don't! 

Preferences > Firestorm > General = Allow Scripted Viewer Controls (RLVa)

Once you get to the box, check it if it is not checked. i know first time i used a collar it wasnt working and this is what I had to do,

Edited by Talligurl

Assuming the collar was opencollar scripted (which the majority are), all thats needed for the leash to show up in world, is for the leash particle size to be set to the min value or higher (some older oc collars had a bug where the default size first time you wore them was 0 x 0 rather than 7 x 7) and for there to be a visible particle image selected, and of course for somebody to have grabbed the leash.

For the leash to WORK as a leash, then you need rlv/rlva, as mentioned above.

After that, all that's needed is for somebody who's been granted access to your collar to type this in local chat (assuming OC version 4 or later)

/1nograb

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, Klytyna said:

...For the leash to WORK as a leash, then you need rlv/rlva, as mentioned above.

After that, all that's needed is for somebody who's been granted access to your collar to type this in local chat (assuming OC version 4 or later)

/1nograb

Every collar I've used, including Open Collar, will work WITHOUT having RLV enabled.  All RLV does is make it a little harder to break free.

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Every collar I've used, including Open Collar, will work WITHOUT having RLV enabled.  All RLV does is make it a little harder to break free.

The collar needs rlv to move you about, so yeah you can grab the leash, but they won't always move the towed avatar about if the towed avi doesn't use rlv. It's the rlv ability to inaccurately rotate and move an avatar that makes a leash work, not the particles.

It's kind of fun watching some 'sub' standing there and forgetting to use the cursor keys to follow their 'dom' and the short leash stretching to 30 or 40 ft before they get back from fetching coffee and realise they have been left behind. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.