Laptop spec problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello this is my first post here as i found the forum while looking for an external graphics card .

I'm quite new to Sl and it does work on my 4GB Win7 32 bit 5 series intel graphics laptop (panasonic CF-52) it is very unstable , crashing out - freezing - text goes blurred and unreadable and a very low frame rate if there's a bunch of people dancing .

An external cooling fan now ensures heat is not a problem .

Firestorm is unusable so i went for SL's own viewer (yet i can't uninstall firestorm because it wants to take the sl viewer with it ?) and having tried Catznip the sl viewer is better .

I have upgraded to fibre broadband but must wait a week for installation but do hope for an improvement overall .

In the mean time i have been repeatedly told by others users while wandering the world that my 64m draw distance is killing my experience , one girl said she uses 10m and another 12.

I can't move the slider any lower and so i believe i must alter something in the debug menu . I would be very grateful if someone could offer me a dummies guide to doing this please . 

Looking at the specs of that old laptop, your upgraded broadband won't help you at all. In fact, it might actually choke the hardware even more.
Let's face it ... it's a slow Core 2 Duo T7100 CPU with DDR2 RAM and poor integrated graphics, in short: it's ancient. On top of it, it was never meant as a rig to be used for gaming-like activities like SL, but was released as a robust and long lasting office machine.

Unless you installed Firestorm and the LL viewer into the same dictory, the uninstall process shouldn't interfere with the other viewer. 
You might have a look at the very light CoolViewer...

Even though I wouldn't have high hopes for it, you can use a debug option which you can happily google yourself, since you decided to go down the bitchy road, to bring down your draw distance to ultra-low levels. 
However, too low might also slow you down, because you're putting yourself into a constant "need to load new surroundings" situation, unless you keep standing still in that very same position.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
Removed the debug option

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.