A music stream with Danish ads is playing on my land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am playing podcasts through the Sound setting on my land settings. The Media settings are blank. Still there is a kind of music streem playing with Danish ads, now and then, but I have no knowledge about where it came from. I am Danish so I am thinking that I must have created somthing that does this but I have no idea how it happened.

Could I have created a sound streaming object without noticing? And how can I find it (to delete it)?

If the media and sound options on "About Land" are blank.

You want to turn on beacons ... it's in this menu ... "World ::: Show More ::: Beacons", or press "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+N" (short-cut will be different on a Mac).

This pops open a dialog box, and check on "Beacons" then "Sound" and "Media".  This should show you vertical lines to objects emitting sound or are media sources.  Set the width to see the lines better.

Hope this helps.

Q

Edited by Quertie
  • Like 1

Another thing to look for is a sound source on a nearby parcel.  Media can actually be heard several meters from you.  We used to have neighbors that had frog sound, and the sound was on a parcel more than 40m away.

In the Preferences Dialog, under "Sound & Media" uncheck "Allow Media to auto-play", then log off and log back in.  If the sound stops, then you know the source is media.  You might find leaving that option off as the solution.  If you want to leave it on, you will need to install Firestorm.

In the Firestorm viewer, open Preferences, and go into the Sound & Media settings, "Media" tab, and slowly adjust the "Media source volume rolloff distance ::: Completely disappears at" slider, all the way to 1m until the sound disappears.  The distance where it quit playing will tell you where the media is that is giving you the sound.

I think you'll find the media source is not on your parcel.

• Like 1

This usually happens to me when my cam drifts in range of a Shared Media (a.k.a. "Media on a Prim") source. Well, not usually in Danish, but still...

In the viewer top menubar, almost all the way to the right, there should be a little "go" arrow or "pause" marker that would "Start / Stop All Media" if clicked, but hovered-over a little tool will pop up with a "More" button, and when selected it should reveal all Media streams in range of the viewer. What's listed is the web source, but there's a little "+" magnifying glass at the bottom that will zoom into whichever in-world object is generating that source.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.