New store need some help and advise of Marketing

cocoyoyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Depending on what you create you can join some sales groups or hunt and promote in that manner. You can use Facebook or Twitter or Flickr or all of the above to promote.

Note that for most of us it TAKES TIME. Ten years ago there weren't that many creators. These days there are tons. So just keep making your goods and honing your skills and enjoying the process, and maybe if you are lucky you will get noticed. If not, hopefully, you had fun in the process.

• Like 4

On 16. 07. 2017. at 4:54 AM, cocoyoyo said:

hi,I creat a new store in Marketplace,but  I do not know how to promote my products and increase brand awareness,  can you  give me some suggestions, thank you very much!!!

For start you can make few freebies (1 or 0 lindens) and put them on sale in your MP shop. If created good, they can serve as a free marketing tool. 

I would suggest you to chose one medium (website or in-world groups) and do it good rather than trying to cover as much as possible and ending up frustrated with tons of half-finished things... It doesn't really matter what you chose, it can be a website that most of your friends are there or one where you feel comfortable. 

To be successful in this, one must work like crazy and cover everything so wherever you start and whatever you do, it will be good ;) Good luck!

• Like 2

On 2017/7/16 at 0:17 PM, Chic Aeon said:

根据您创建的内容,您可以加入一些销售团队,或以这种方式寻找和推广。您可以使用Facebook或Twitter或Flickr或以上所有内容进行宣传。

请注意,对我们大多数人来说,它是时间。十年前,没有那么多的创作者。这几天有吨。所以只要继续做你的货物,珩磨你的技能,享受这个过程,也许如果你幸运的话你会被注意到。如果没有,希望你在这个过程中有乐趣。

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I would like to join some sales group or hunt or Event, but do not know where to find them(by the way, I made hair),do you know some good sales groups?

1 hour ago, Tamara Artis said:

为了开始,你可以做几个免费赠品(1或0 lindens),并把它们出售在你的MP商店。如果创造良好,他们可以作为一个免费的营销工具。 

我建议你选择一个媒体(网站或世界各地的团体),做好事,而不是试图尽可能的覆盖,最终挫败了一半的半成品...这并不重要什么你选择了,它可以是一个网站,你的大部分朋友都在那里,或者你感到舒适。 

要在这个成功,一个人必须像疯狂一样工作,覆盖一切,无论你的任何地方,无论你做什么,这将是;)好运祝你好运!

freebies is a very useful advise,I'll continue in my efforts to do  this.Thank you for your help~

A website is a really good way to direct traffic to your store in-world from search providers like Google. Website content also gets promoted and shared more easily on social networks, like Facebook, too.

If you need help setting up a website with an address, just let me know :) IM "Lada Charlton" in-world. 

On 18. 07. 2017. at 4:40 AM, Lada Charlton said:

A website is a really good way to direct traffic to your store in-world from search providers like Google. Website content also gets promoted and shared more easily on social networks, like Facebook, too.

If you need help setting up a website with an address, just let me know :) IM "Lada Charlton" in-world. 

I don't think a new business needs a website, specially if the business is not some sort of service like photography studio or a wedding planner. But it is just my opinion of course :) 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Tamara Artis said:

I don't think a new business needs a website, specially if the business is not some sort of service like photography studio or a wedding planner. But it is just my opinion of course :) 

Yeah my opinion too.  I have found sharing pictures to SL flickr groups useful. I have a blog too but it doesn't get much traffic.  I think its more of a memory box for me to look back on.

• Like 1

Content marketing with a website takes a lot of effort and investment to be effective. Currently there is no way to display product image thumbnails from the SL marketplace on Facebook, Twitter, etc... So the channels for marketing are quite limited. Using a website not primarily as a blog, but to also individually direct traffic to marketplace products with individually optimized pages for each product for SEO can be significant, but costly. SL gets a huge amount of search volume from Google and Facebook alone. 

A website is definitely a significant investment, but is not a requirement until you reach a large sales volume. Blogging can be helpful, but only if the content is directly promoted through social channels, including Flickr in the case of SL, too.

:)

Edited by Lada Charlton

I think the best route is go more viral.

You could first build your Flickr account.   Start following people, become involved in the Flickr community (favourite and comment on pictures you like), becoming engaged people will start to follow you back.    Take a look at how creators display their images, and instead of flooding your feed with advertisements, first have fun with pictures and SL. You can then gradually start to add a few product shots, and add to groups (You can check which groups other similar creators add to).     Within a few months you can build a healthy following by those are genuinely interested in SL.

Also I wouldn't bother with a website early in, I would go for a Facebook Page - it's free and you can post your products, put up events etc, again connect with other SL fans and start to slowly build a presence.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
typo
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.