How much have you made playing earn free Linden games

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I imagined a few thousands is a miracle, considering how slow and boring they are but came across someone who had 40,000 L, it was a game that announces your balance to public in local, and they made it playing possibly the most boring one on all of SL a game of pure chance and waiting and rarely rewarding jackpots.

I only tried 2 games a long time ago, and quit each one after about 10 minutes.  I tried them not really for earning lindens (I already had a budget for buying a certain amount of linden each month) but to try out something I hadn't done yet, to see sims I might not otherwise find, and to potentially meet people.  I didn't enjoy either one, and didn't need to do them for lindens, so I just crossed these types of games off the list of things to try in SL.   

i certainly would not want to play any game that was going to announce my linden balance in public chat, and I'm wary of games where you have to register at a 3rd party web site. 

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I never played them myself..I'm not sure Like them announcing how much I walked in with.. I could get jumped and mugged for it all, on the way out to my jeep.

LOL, balance shows only after you win something, so your 40, 000 won't appear when you walk in.

Just now, moirakathleen said:

I only tried 2 games a long time ago, and quit each one after about 10 minutes.  I tried them not really for earning lindens (I already had a budget for buying a certain amount of linden each month) but to try out something I hadn't done yet, to see sims I might not otherwise find, and to potentially meet people.  I didn't enjoy either one, and didn't need to do them for lindens, so I just crossed these types of games off the list of things to try in SL.   

i certainly would not want to play any game that was going to announce my linden balance in public chat, and I'm wary of games where you have to register at a 3rd party web site. 

I know of only one that has registration and that too only if you want to check specific weekly bonus points result if you are participating in it, otherwise it too is registration free.

You know that game where you dance on this pole and guys give you money? You can make 40,000 playing that one eventually. In fact I probably have, but I spent it before I ever had that much at once. I have fished, I have picked up coins, and gems, only dancing is worth my time.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

You know that game where you dance on this pole and guys give you money? You can make 40,000 playing that one eventually. In fact I probably have, but I spent it before I ever had that much at once. I have fished, I have picked up coins, and gems, only dancing is worth my time.

I've made 2700 (after obligatory tips to dj and venue) in a weekend, 4 sets over 3 nights playing that game where you stand in a laggy club, dressed in some ridiculous outfit you threw together out of freebies on 5 mins notice, pretending that you enjoy the company of total strangers and give a damn about their digital woes, while being witty and amusing because the club host cant do anything but gesturebate "Hoooo I luv dis tunez Sho me sum linden lovin", in the hopes that the strangers will vote for you as being 'best in [whatever]'.

Professional Club Contest Entrant is a much better game than Fish Hunt or Traffic Cones, probably pays more per hour, you actually stay in a club long enough to listen to the music, and you might actually meet people you do give a damn about, but does require more effort and more skill. Sometimes you can even make more money than the host and the dj.

• Like 1

Depends on the game...I've made loads over the years on different games, and I am thoroughly grateful for every linden, though they've all been long spent :) 

I can honestly say that one particular game I've paid out far, far more to other residents than I could ever hope of earning myself. I've stopped doing that for a while though because ungrateful tards  assumed being hospitalized wasn't a good excuse for not having funds available for them to "earn". You know...butthurt entitled folks that like to look a gift horse in the mouth ;) 

Someday I might go back to paying others like that again, but it likely won't be anytime soon. 

45 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I can honestly say that one particular game I've paid out far, far more to other residents than I could ever hope of earning myself. I've stopped doing that for a while though because ungrateful tards.

I to for a while funded one of these games, in hopes of getting people into my store to see me art and then hopefully either buy something or tell someone about it. I would hang out in the store and try to talk to the people who came by to get my money. No one even said hi back to me, just pop in, and pop out without so much as a word. Since the wouldn't say "Hi" it should be obvious that questions like "How do you like my art?" or "What do you think of the gallery?" also got no response. I eventually stopped, and yes I am now a little bitter towards those who play these games.

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Back before they got rid of gambling,you could easily make that in a night in the bigger clubs as a dancer ,if you were good at it and willing to stick to the rules..At least in ours you could .hehehehe

I used to pay for my sim and main land with dancing plus have all the shopping money I needed..

Soon as gambling went away it seemed a lot of customers did as well.. It was a fun job and met a lot of people from all over the world..

• Like 1

I can say that "the typist" has made a LOT over on the Realms over the years. Not lately as I am very busy now and it is more difficult to make money there than it was in time of old. But I paid for a few shops and some mesh bodies and such and actually enjoyed it a lot. But since they have cut back on the blues and greens so that they are pretty much like "ultra rares" on a gacha, it has kinda lost its appeal.

It was fun to figure out the pattern and know where the crystals would be next.  No you can mostly just gather orange and make a little cash. Still very good for new folks which of course is what it is supposed to BE for LOL.

I haven't played any of the current money games but did my share of camping in the long ago and far away days and that was pretty fun too -- finding the spot and all.  The guitar was my fav. I actually had someone give me a 200 tip; I am assuming they didn't know I was CAMPING - LOL. Fond memories. 

I have no idea how much i've earned through various earn free L$ camping, sploders, games, experiences and what not i'm pretty sure over all my years in SL in runs in to 6 figures as a fellow realm regular i'm glad it doesn't announce how much your crystal balance is worth or i think someone like me whose built up enough balance to tide them over for a bit should they need it would find themselves being forced out by other players

I've earned a mole plushie doing burglary once. Not sure how much it's worth. Possibly not much since the script is broken.

18 hours ago, Klytyna said:

I've made 2700 (after obligatory tips to dj and venue) in a weekend, 4 sets over 3 nights playing that game where you stand in a laggy club, dressed in some ridiculous outfit you threw together out of freebies on 5 mins notice, pretending that you enjoy the company of total strangers and give a damn about their digital woes, while being witty and amusing because the club host cant do anything but gesturebate "Hoooo I luv dis tunez Sho me sum linden lovin", in the hopes that the strangers will vote for you as being 'best in [whatever]'.

One thing I leanred about that kind of games. If the venue decides to launch a quiz with money prizes too just to add even more to the excitement, and you sort'a accidentally happen to come up with all the right answers first, everybody will hate you and nobody will vote for you but you still walk away with the biggest stash of fresh cash.

Edited by ChinRey

I haven't the slightest idea how much I made with Linden games here, though I would venture in the low 1000'sL$ over the years. I would use it as a back up way (time killer) when I was lazy to go and get L$ placed on my Paypal account.

One of my first serious purchases (via Linden games) was a Tranq gun for 400L$. when I was doing prison RP. I still have it in inventory and occasionally break it out. Sure, it took time to gather the required crystals and redeem them, but all in all, was worth my time.

How long did it take? About 6 hours a day/ for three days of playing. I figured the placement of where the good crystals were/are located. I go back at times when the L$'s get low and I need something to use for upload payment (pics, textures, finished mesh shirts). I'll likely replenish my L$'s in a few days the right way with Paypal.

Edited by CharlieMack

On 15 July 2017 at 6:09 PM, ChinRey said:

I've earned a mole plushie doing burglary once. Not sure how much it's worth. Possibly not much since the script is broken.

One thing I leanred about that kind of games. If the venue decides to launch a quiz with money prizes too just to add even more to the excitement, and you sort'a accidentally happen to come up with all the right answers first, everybody will hate you and nobody will vote for you but you still walk away with the biggest stash of fresh cash.

Heh, had that once, the 'trivia quiz' prize was small change, oh i got a few right, more often than not i'd 'accidentally' answer too late or give a plausible but wrong answer, or miss spell the answer, or give funny wrong answers just for laughs.

Miss Trivia queen walked away with I'm guessing 100-150 ls end of the night, I was entertaining enough I won the 1000 ls main event. 

;) 

On 15/07/2017 at 4:34 AM, Chic Aeon said:

I haven't played any of the current money games but did my share of camping in the long ago and far away days and that was pretty fun too -- finding the spot and all.  The guitar was my fav. I actually had someone give me a 200 tip; I am assuming they didn't know I was CAMPING - LOL. Fond memories. 

I never needed to do any camping but I did do some years ago simply because it was there, so why not? The best camping I did was in a club. It was paying me every 5 minutes, and then the sim crashed. I went back home, only to find that it was still paying me every 5 minutes. I tried to stop it by logging out and back in again, but it continued to pay me. I couldn't stop it.

Eventually I logged out, turned the computer off, and went to bed. When I got up the next day, I found that it had been paying me all through the night, and it was still doing it. It only stopped when the sim or whatever was eventually put back to normal.

They don't make camping like that any more :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2017 at 3:56 AM, Phil Deakins said:

I never needed to do any camping but I did do some years ago simply because it was there, so why not? The best camping I did was in a club. It was paying me every 5 minutes, and then the sim crashed. I went back home, only to find that it was still paying me every 5 minutes. I tried to stop it by logging out and back in again, but it continued to pay me. I couldn't stop it.

Eventually I logged out, turned the computer off, and went to bed. When I got up the next day, I found that it had been paying me all through the night, and it was still doing it. It only stopped when the sim or whatever was eventually put back to normal.

They don't make camping like that any more :D

W/O naming the sim, just how much L$ was transferred to you before the sim wised up?

I don't remember exactly. It was 3 figures though. It paid 1L every 5 minutes. That's 12L per hour, so it was definitely more that 8 hours worth. maybe 10 or 11 hours. I talked with the owner the next day, and offered to give it back, but he said 'keep it'. It was a long time ago - back when 2L per 10 minutes was the norm - and I don't remember where it was. It's probably not there now.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.