Problem with mouselook and mesh head

princesssilvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone. My name is Silvana. I have catwa head and mesh hair. I love to play in mouselook but there is a problem with some poses and animations. Sometimes I see my mesh hair, eyelashes and teeth while I play in mouselook and that looks so creepy. I'm not able to see and it totally ruins my view. I'm using firestorm viewer. Is there any way to hide head and hair but not whole body? I would like to hide it while I play in mouselook but also wish other people to see it.

This is my first time here and I hope that I'll fix my problem with mouselook.

Thank you for reading kisses ???

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by princesssilvana
  • Like 1

12 answers to this question

I rarely have any use for Mouselook myself, but I prefer to be able to see myself.  Everyone has different priorities, though, so the viewer gives you a choice. You may want to UNcheck the box in Preferences >> Move & View that says "Show me In Mouselook".  That might help.

6d985176d43ba81b98fbfe07b3d501a5.png

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, princesssilvana said:

I know that I can hide my whole avi but is there any way to hide only head and hair?

you can try ( don't know if that works on yourself, and only on tpv if i'm not wrong) derender, but will have to dig in your blacklist everytime you dó want to see it.

9 hours ago, princesssilvana said:

Thank you for answering to my question

I know that I can hide my whole avi but is there any way to hide only head and hair?

Depends... But, yes.

In the case of a Classic avatar, you only need to add an alpha layer for the head and not wear hair.

In the case of a mesh body, wear the provided alpha layers and don't wear the head or hair.

Of course, everyone is going to see you as a headless avatar.

If you are having a problem with mouselook, Rolig's answer is the solution.

On 13.7.2017. at 6:06 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

you can try ( don't know if that works on yourself, and only on tpv if i'm not wrong) derender, but will have to dig in your blacklist everytime you dó want to see it.

thank you for trying to help but looks like that I can't derender my attachments

• Like 1

ss

17 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Depends... But, yes.

In the case of a Classic avatar, you only need to add an alpha layer for the head and not wear hair.

In the case of a mesh body, wear the provided alpha layers and don't wear the head or hair.

Of course, everyone is going to see you as a headless avatar.

If you are having a problem with mouselook, Rolig's answer is the solution.

Thank you for answer. I haven't seen that someone wrote about this problem at second life forum so I decided to write about that. I just wish mouselook to work well with mesh head. I would like to see my body, hands and legs but also wish to "hide" head and hair only in my viewer. I don't want other people to see me headless

Edited by princesssilvana
  • Like 1

On 14.7.2017. at 2:41 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Just move your scroll wheel forward a tad to get your camera out of your avatar's head.

I think, also, that there is a debug setting for the default camera position in Mouselook.

I didn't find default camera position in debug setting. Thank you all for answering, I will hide my avatar. if someone knows how to move mouselook camera a little bit forward or how to hide head please write here, kisses ???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, princesssilvana said:

I didn't find default camera position in debug setting. Thank you all for answering, I will hide my avatar. if someone knows how to move mouselook camera a little bit forward or how to hide head please write here, kisses ???

Yes, I looked too, and didn't find one.  Sorry, I thought there was!

On 7/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, princesssilvana said:

Lindal didn't find a control and neither did I. I looked through Linden and Firestorm settings. Firestorm does a nice search in Debug Settings. So, even if the keyword is not in the setting name, it finds the settings.

Mouselook doesn't have any exposed position settings. Nor is the 'Near Clipping Plane' value exposed. It is a simple On or OFF.

You could file a feature request with the Firestorm team asking for control of the near clipping plane and explaining why. Or explain the problem to the head's creator. They can design around the problem.

5 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Lindal didn't find a control and neither did I. I looked through Linden and Firestorm settings. Firestorm does a nice search in Debug Settings. So, even if the keyword is not in the setting name, it finds the settings.

Mouselook doesn't have any exposed position settings. Nor is the 'Near Clipping Plane' value exposed. It is a simple On or OFF.

You could file a feature request with the Firestorm team asking for control of the near clipping plane and explaining why. Or explain the problem to the head's creator. They can design around the problem.

I hope that future version of firestorm will have option to move mouselook camera forward and backward or option like "hide head in mouselook" because a lot of avatars are mesh today and some people really like to play in mouselook. Anyways, thank you so much ❤️️

I think that is more easy and effective for the user experience to apply similar option as new setting feature, as "show me my avatar in mouselook" with something like "do not show me my items above the neck when i'm in mouselook"

That is the only modality to solve it and really give a good user experience. Others are only boring procedures to do each time for each pose and for each chair.

Cheers :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.