Graphic Card

ManuelJmw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downloaded SL and it downloads and then when it is time to run the program its says that my graphic card is outdated and needs to be upgraded. Is there another viewer that i can download and will be able to play the game

2 answers to this question

You will probably have the same problem with any viewer. What you really need to do is update the drivers for your graphics card.  See

Please note, however, that if you are using a machine with an older Intel graphics chip instead of a dedicated NVidia or AMD/ATI graphics card, it may not be possible to upgrade.  Intel is not offering OpenGL-compatible drivers for graphics chips in the HD 2000 or HD 3000 series.  Visit https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html  to see whether your chip falls in that category and, if so, whether an Intel driver is available for your machine.  If not, you will not be able to use that computer for SL.

• Like 1

Adding to Rolig's answer:

If your machine is running Windows 10, and has the Intel HD 2000 or 3000 integrated graphics chip, you have two choices:

1.  Install Windows 7 or 8 instead of Windows 10.

2.  If the computer is a desktop model, buy a discrete video card and install it in one of the PCI-E expansion slots.  You can then disable the onboard Intel graphics in the system BIOS, and have the computer use the new graphics card instead.  If your computer is a laptop, obviously you won't be able to do this.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.