Second Life Release 5.1.0.507006 (64bit)

Gabryel Nyoki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

All users should switch to Catznip viewer because it has the best features that neither Firestorm or LL have and its as fast as LL and more stable that Firestorm. (There, see how that works, people? An opinion is just that and nothing more)

Are you trying to start a trolling war? :-)

32 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are you trying to start a trolling war? :-)

Absolutely not. I am very serious about that statement. 

However, I will now make that statement the way it should be stated and how such statement about anything else, including Firestorm should be stated:

I would use LL viewer because it's lightweight and snappy compared to Firestorm in MY EXPERIENCE. I've used Firestorm for years, but it just feel bloated TO ME and always turns sluggish FOR ME after a couple hours, requiring a relog. I have discovered that Catznip viewer is superior FOR ME as FOR ME it FEELS lightweight like LL viewer and has the most important features TO ME of Firestorm and WHAT I FEEL ARE better features that no other viewer, including Firestorm has.

See? I was, I am, and I will be serious about that statement.

And it's free and doesn't hurt to give it a go and judge for yourself. Bahahaha.

Kokua viewer isn't bad, either, by the way. And as for "using it because someone else said I should" is the comment I hear most of all, and they often say they just use mostly default settings. So they aren't even getting the benefit of using Firestorm. Go figure.

Here's something to consider in all things, though: Being most-used doesn't mean it's the best, most-favored, or superior. It only means the most people use it for whatever reason they use it. :)

I liken it to Firestorm being Android and Catznip being iOS. Each is great, each serves their users well. And they offer different user-experiences. ~snickers~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Absolutely not. I am very serious about that statement. 

However, I will now make that statement the way it should be stated and how such statement about anything else, including Firestorm should be stated:

I would use LL viewer because it's lightweight and snappy compared to Firestorm in MY EXPERIENCE. I've used Firestorm for years, but it just feel bloated TO ME and always turns sluggish FOR ME after a couple hours, requiring a relog. I have discovered that Catznip viewer is superior FOR ME as FOR ME it FEELS lightweight like LL viewer and has the most important features TO ME of Firestorm and WHAT I FEEL ARE better features that no other viewer, including Firestorm has.

See? I was, I am, and I will be serious about that statement.

And it's free and doesn't hurt to give it a go and judge for yourself. Bahahaha.

Kokua viewer isn't bad, either, by the way. And as for "using it because someone else said I should" is the comment I hear most of all, and they often say they just use mostly default settings. So they aren't even getting the benefit of using Firestorm. Go figure.

Here's something to consider in all things, though: Being most-used doesn't mean it's the best, most-favored, or superior. It only means the most people use it for whatever reason they use it. :)

I hadn't heard much about Catznip or its special features. 

• 2 weeks later...

After many years of promise we still don't have a LL viewer with over 512 M of graphics memory. Come on guys, this was available in 2004. Textures and mesh items still flicker like crazy. I have 1080Ti with 11Gb of graphics memory that I can't even use. I don't know, do LL developers still run on ancient computers?

If other viewers can solve this problem, why can't LL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.