Beauty is in the eye...

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone, hope you're having a great day!

I wanted to know what you all think are the best stores to buy eyes at.

I have a great pair, but they were given to me and i'd like to see what else is out there.  I did some searchings on MP and inworld, and i'm a little overwhelmed.  Also, i am just a regular classic avi, and furthermore a regular boring human at that, so not looking for demonic or cats eyes or anything crazy.  Also as i'm not mesh when i see some stores only selling Omega and Catwa i'm thinking i need to find a different store.  Or am i out of luck and everything is mesh now?  So any pointers on where to buy high-quality regular classic av eyes, the kind with the eye icon, not the prim kind as i can't get them to set right, would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

~Bleue

I really like Inkheart. Haven't been there in a while, but they always used to have a half dozen different ways to get a pair for free so it's easy to try some out. They have different sizes of system eyes plus mesh in each package. Had to leave their group because I needed the group slot for something else; really should get back there soon. Thanks for reminding me. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluelacroix said:

Hey everyone, hope you're having a great day!

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and the landforum is the best to ask this?

As Alwin mentioned, this might not be the best forum for this question. I'd suggest here:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/318-your-avatar/

• Like 1

Odd, I thought I was under general discussion of the same group that I was in for my previous question (which was the most general of general forums).

Sorry for the mistake; I'll close this (if that's an option) and open it there, sorry once again, I didn't see that.

All the best,

~Bleue

Go to IKON eyes mainstore. Walk in and turn to the left. There on the left side of the entrance is the classic eyes, no mesh eyes there. On the top of each panel is a demo set of eyes too. I think this is great since you can try before you buy.

On the right of the entrance is the mesh eyes, and the latest release in the foyer room is also mesh eyes. Still, they have the classic eyes included.

• Like 1

Great - thank you so much everyone, I will go hunting for eyes now!

Also thanks for your patience in my blunderosity; we're been moved to Wanted now so i hope it's all good.  :$

Keep the suggestions coming in, please.  xD

Thanks again, and have a grey8 SL Day!

~Bleue

Hi efryone,

So far the best eye stores I've found are IKON, Mesange Eyes, and Mayfly (their eyes are called Luminous).  Thanks for your help so far and keep letting me know the places you recommend.  I will add more here if I find more stores like these.

IKON, IKON (143, 127, 500)

Mayfly - Mesh Eyes, Mayfly (52, 222, 561)

MESANGE EYES Mainstore, Lush Haven (60, 229, 21)

I still haven't found the perfect eyes although I found several which are really great, so I am still open to suggestions.

Have fun!

~Bleue

p.s. i am not affiliated with any store in SL (except my own, look it up lolz, i have two items :) ) and I am receiving nothing for these recommendations, and in fact I've never spoken with these store owners or any of their representatives, ever.  So this is just a fun recommendation, not for profit.

I quite like the eyes from "By Snow", they are not expensive, look nice, and they do a range from several varieties of human eyes, to the neko/demon/cyborg/whatever you didn't want, they also have a decent selection of free/dollarbie eyes for noobs, and many of the freebies and almost all the paid products come with system eyes and with system compatible mesh eyes. No fancy mesh heads needed.

• Like 1

Thanks Klytyna!

I went to By Snow and picked up a few - I really love the Hazel Delight set!  It's a five-pak for like $75 Lindens, so you can't really beat that, most single eyes (pairs) cost more than that.  And they're really good quality, the whites are a little more white than i prefer, but the retina is multi-coloured and looks deep, clear, and reflective (the three qualities i most look for in eyes), and the white-spot is realistic; some are a little too funky for me.

For those who want to go - it's hard to find cuz you can't really search by "By Snow" you get land in Winter or somethun - so the creator's name is Snow Frostwych and you can get there from her first Pick, or just go here:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lionheart Sarafina/233/233/29

And yeah for those of us looking for whacky non-human eyes she's got tons of varieties for you, so why are you reading this?  Go go go!

Thanks again!

~Bleue

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.